|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2013)|
|Traded as||NYSE: WYN
S&P 500 Component
|Headquarters||Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey U.S.|
|Key people||Stephen Holmes (Chairman, CEO)
Virginia Wilson (CFO)
|Subsidiaries||Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Resort Condominiums International
|Footnotes / references
Wyndham Hotel Group
Wyndham Hotel Group offers brands in lodging franchising, vacation ownership, vacation rentals and vacation exchange. It is composed of nearly 7,400 hotels under 15 brands spanning 66 countries in 6 continents, competing in brand markets ranging from economy to upscale. Wyndham Worldwide is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey and has more than 40,000 employees around the world. Lodging management services are provided to upscale properties through Wyndham Hotel Management.
In early 2008, Global Hyatt Corporation announced that the Wyndham Worldwide Group would purchase US Franchise Systems, Inc., owner of the Microtel and Hawthorn Suites brands, for $150 million. The transaction closed July 21, 2008. US Franchise Systems had previously sold the America's Best Inn (formerly Best Inns) chain to the Country Hearth Inns chain in 2005. That holding company is now known as America's Best Franchising Inc.
In 2010, Wyndham Worldwide acquired the Tryp hotel brand from Sol Meliá Hotels & Resorts of Spain. The brand, subsequently renamed Tryp by Wyndham, is positioned as a "select-service, midmarket" brand representing approximately 13,000 rooms and caters to business and leisure travelers in cosmopolitan cities including Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Lisbon, New York, Frankfurt, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Istanbul, etc.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) filed suit against Wyndham in June 2012 following a security breach that led to the theft of payment card data for hundreds of thousands of Wyndham customers. Wyndham decided to fight the lawsuit in court, unlike many companies, which often try to settle FTC data-security enforcement actions quickly. In April 2014, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Judge Esther Salas denied Wyndham's motion to dismiss, in a much-anticipated decision to this case. 
Wyndham Hotel Group brands
Wyndham Franchisee Association
Wyndham Worldwide's franchisees have formed an independent association to present their concerns and grievances to Wyndham Worldwide. Owners 8 Association has argued that individual franchisees have currently limited role in Wyndham's decision making.
Wyndham Hotel Group's CEO Eric A. Danziger in an interview with Asian Indian Hotel Owners magazine Hotel Vikas emphasized that Wyndham maintains cordial relationship with franchisees. He also stated that each of Wyndham brands maintain an advisory board. The advisory board members are the individual property owners.
Wyndham Rewards (formerly TripRewards) is a branded, points-based rewards program for frequent travelers, the largest travel rewards program of its kind in the lodging industry based on the number of participating hotels. Wyndham Rewards is owned and operated by Travel Rewards, Inc. a fully owned subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is the largest vacation ownership business in the world. It includes a network of 160 properties, 20,000 individual units, and over 800,000 property owners. Locations are in North America, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Wyndham Vacation Ownership includes marketing and sales of vacation ownership interests, consumer financing in conjunction with the purchase of vacation ownership interests, property management services to property owners' associations, and development and acquisition of vacation ownership resorts.
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals (Formerly Group RCI)
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals operates over 30 brands worldwide, with relationships with over 35,000 property owners in 22 countries.
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals brands
- Blakes Boating & Parks
- Canvas Holidays
- Chez Nous
- CondoRental Network
- Country Cottages in Scotland
- Country Cottages in Ireland
- Country Cottages in France
- Country Holidays
- Country Manors
- Dansk Familiefierie
- Endless Vacation Rentals
- English Country Cottages
- French Life
- Holiday Homes Africa
- Individual Travelers Group
- Italian Life
- Landal GreenParks
- James Villa Holidays
- NorthCourse Leisure Real Estate Solutions
- Ski Life
- The Registry Collection
- "WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 14, 2014.
- "WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. April 24, 2014.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Corporation". Google Finance. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: At a Glance". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Contact Us." Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved on August 3, 2009.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Company Profile". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Getting to Know Wyndham Hotel Group". Wyndham Hotel Group website. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Wyndham Hotel Group to Acquire Tryp Hotel Brand from Sol Meliá". Wyndham Worldwide Press Releases (Wyndham Worldwide Corporation). Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Percival IV, Lynn C.; Poyner Spruill LLP (8 April 2014). "New Jersey Federal Court Rejects Wyndham’s Challenge to Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) Data-Security Enforcement Authority". The National Law Review. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Super8 Owners Form Association". . 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Wyndham appreciates the role of Asian Indian Hotel Owners". Hotel Vikas. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-02-24.[dead link]
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Wyndham Vacation Ownership". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Group RCI". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.