Wynnewood (SEPTA station)
SEPTA regional rail
|Address||67 East Wynnewood Road
and Penn Road
Wynnewood, PA 19096
|Connections||SEPTA Suburban Bus: 105|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Parking||239 spaces (117 daily, 122 permit)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (8 spaces)|
|Passengers (2011)||678 (weekday boardings)|
Wynnewood Station is a commuter rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at Wynnewood and Penn Roads in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania. It is served by most Paoli/Thorndale Line trains with the exception of several express runs.
The ticket office at this station is open weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m and 11:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). There are 239 daily and permit parking spaces at the station. This station is 7.4 track miles from Suburban Station. In 2003, the average total weekday boardings at this station was 659, and the average total weekday alightings was 684.
The station offers a small retail space, which has been occupied by the Main Line Baking Company since 2010. The space was formerly occupied by Pup's Cafe (2009), Quaker Coffee (2005 - 2008), and Irish Bake Shoppe (1999 - 2005).
Restoration and Beautification
The Wynnewood Civic Association is a non-profit group of volunteers that maintains the landscaping and actively works to preserve and beautify the historic landmark.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Wynnewood on Google Maps
- Existing Stations in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- The Obama Whistlestop Tour, by Larry Eichel; April 19, 2008 (Philly.com)
- SEPTA - Wynnewood Station
- Wynnewood Civic Association
- Main Line Baking Co.
- Penn Road entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Station House from Google Maps Street View