Wyoming Highway 295
|Maintained by WYDOT|
|Length:||29.35 mi (47.23 km)|
|South end:||WYO 32|
|US 14A in Powell|
|North end:||CR 1NG in Elk Basin|
|Counties:||Big Horn, Park|
Wyoming Highway 295 is a 29.35-mile (47.2 km) north-south Wyoming state road located in northeastern Park County and western Big Horn County. All but 0.43 miles (0.7 km) of the route are located in Park County; the southernmost intersection on the highway is in Big Horn County instead. Although predominately a north-south highway, WYO 295 travels east-west for its first 8.7 miles.
Big Horn County to Powell
Wyoming Highway 295 begins its southern (or eastern) end at Wyoming Highway 32 (Emblem Highway) in western Big Horn County, east-southeast of Powell. Highway 295 crosses into Park County at just over four-tenths of a mile and travels westward till it reaches the community of Willwood at approximately 8.7 miles. Here WYO 295 turns north and is the general direction for the remainder of its course. This highway is an important travel corridor for Powell to Greybull traffic. Highway 295 crosses the Shoshone River just north of Willwood, and reaches the southern city limits of Powell at just over 12 miles. WYO 295 enters Powell from the south on S. Fair Street and curves gently onto E. South Street before turning north onto S. Bent Street for a short distance. US Route 14 Alternate (Coulter Avenue) is met at approximately 12.5 miles. Here Highway 295 turns west to join US 14A for quick one block concurrency before leaving US 14A to head north on N. Absaroka Street.
Powell to Elk Basin
Wyoming Highway 295 travels along N. Absaroka Street, passing near Northwest College, before leaving the small city traveling due north. Eight miles north of Powell, WYO 295 passes east of the Powell Municipal Airport, a general aviation airport, which can be accessed from the highway. Past the airport, WYO 295 gently turns slightly to the north-northwest and will reach its northern terminus in Elk Basin after 29.35 miles (47.2 km). Elk Basin is an active oil field with hundreds of derricks operating in it. The roadway continues northward as Park County Route 1NG to the Montana state line.
|Big Horn||0.00||0.00||WYO 32||Southern (eastern) terminus of WYO 295|
|Park||Powell||12.57||20.23||US 14A||Eastern terminus of US 14A / WYO 295 overlap|
|12.64||20.34||US 14A||Western terminus of US 14A / WYO 295 overlap|
|Elk Basin||29.35||47.23||CR 1NG||Northern terminus of WYO 295|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- WYDOT (November 2004). Wyoming Department of Transportation Reference Marker Book (Map). http://www.dot.state.wy.us/webdav/site/wydot/shared/Planning/Reference%20Marker%20Book.pdf. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- WYO 295 - WY 32 to Powell
- Google Inc. "Wyoming Highway 295 through Powell". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=44.750162,-108.758147&spn=0.007894,0.01929&t=m&z=16. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Park County Public Works - Map 55099
- - Park County Public Works - Map 58099
- Yahoo! Inc. "Overview Map of Wyoming Highway 295". Yahoo! Maps (Map). Cartography by Navteq. http://maps.yahoo.com/#conf=1&start=1&lat=44.96498011625796&lon=-108.82730484008789&zoom=10&mvt=m&trf=0&q1=1525+WY-32%2C+Lovell%2C+WY++82431&q2=CR-9%2C+Powell%2C+WY++82435&q3=501+Road+9%2C+Powell%2C+WY++82435-9725&q4=WY-295%2C+Powell%2C+WY++82435&q5=Road+1xg%2C+Powell%2C+WY++82435. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Google Inc. "Streetview of Wyoming Highway 295 at northern terminus". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=powell,+wy&hl=en&ll=44.973542,-108.839493&spn=0.125811,0.308647&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.042042,79.013672&hnear=Powell,+Park,+Wyoming&t=m&z=12&layer=c&cbll=44.973358,-108.839513&panoid=ybGRehjXMFoxMaLy_BFzjw&cbp=12,358.77,,0,9.92. Retrieved 29 February 2012.