X-Men: Mutant Wars
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
|X-Men: Mutant Wars|
North American cover art
|Publisher(s)||Activision Publishing, Inc.|
X-Men: Mutant Wars is a side-scrolling beat 'em up game for Game Boy Color released in 2000. It is the second X-Men titled released for the system. It was released to coincide with the release of the successful X-Men film on DVD.
A band of cyborgs is terrorizing the planet. Believing that Magneto is controlling the cyborgs, the X-Men try to defeat him. The player can take control of Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Iceman, and Gambit as they prepare for the battle to save the planet.
Characters can be changed at any time during the game, which is important as their power level decreases through the game. When the player changes character, those are not being controlled wil gradually recover their power level. Also, some areas can only be completed by using the unique abilities of certain characters.
An alternate game mode has the player facing all the boss characters from the main game, and if the current character runs out of power, they cannot be used again.
The game so far has a score of 49.50% on GameRankings. Some critics say it was better than X-Men: Mutant Academy on the Game Boy Color. However, many criticized the game for its frustrating controls and long boss battles. Despite the criticism, some praised the soundtrack.
- "X-Men Mutant Wars". 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "X-Men: Mutant Wars for Game Boy Color". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Thompson, Jon. "X-Men: Mutant Wars - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-18. Retrieved 2014-11-18.
- Smith, Shawn (February 2001). "X-Men Mutant Wars". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Archived from the original on 2001-02-11. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Provo, Frank (2000-11-22). "X-Men: Mutant Wars Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Harris, Craig (2000-11-16). "X-Men: Mutant Wars". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|