X-Men: The Hidden Years
|X-Men: The Hidden Years|
Cover art for X-Men: The Hidden Years #1
|Publication date||December 1999 – September 2001|
|Number of issues||22|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
X-Men: The Hidden Years was a comic book series set in the Marvel Comics universe, which starred the company's popular superhero team, the X-Men. It was written by John Byrne, with illustrations by Byrne and Tom Palmer.
The series was intended to fill in the team's chronology during the early 1970s when the original X-Men comic (#67–93) was publishing only reprints of earlier issues. According to Byrne, the series "was clearly finite, since [Giant-Size X-Men #1] was out there as an "end point" for my series, but the way I had it worked out, I could have easily done 100 issues or more before I had to send the team off to Krakoa." However, as part of a retooling of the X-Men line, X-Men: The Hidden Years was cancelled, prematurely ending its run with issue #22.
Hidden Years featured the cast of the original X-Men and their villains, with a few appearances by characters who had not otherwise appeared at that point in time, such as Storm and the Phoenix Force.
- X-Men #94 (November, 1999) (10 page story set between UXM #66 and THY #1)
- X-Men: The Hidden Years #1-22 (December, 1999 – September, 2001)
- X-Men: The Hidden Years - The Ghost and the Darkness (contains X-Men: The Hidden Years #1-7) ISBN 1-84653-155-1
- X-Men: The Hidden Years - Volume One (contains X-Men: The Hidden Years #01-12 and excerpts from X-Men 94) ISBN 9780785159698
- X-Men: The Hidden Years - Volume Two (contains X-Men: The Hidden Years #13-22) ISBN 9780785159698