|Headquarters||Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.|
|Subsidiaries||X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
XR Ventures LLC
X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
X-Rite MA, Incorporated
X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
X-Rite Global, Inc.
X-Rite, Inc. is a manufacturer of color matching products, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States. Their products include those used for matching paint colors. They also create products that regulate quality in the processing of film and x-rays.
X-Rite was incorporated by seven engineers from Lear Siegler in 1958. The company's first product, x-ray marking tape, was introduced in 1961. In 1968 they debuted silver recovery equipment for radiographic film. In 1975, X-Rite introduced its first densitometer for photographic printing use. X-Rite went public in 1986. A year later, X-Rite moved into a new headquarters and production facility in Grandville, Michigan. In 1990, X-Rite began to shift its emphasis to the field of color measurement. A round of acquisitions started in 1994 with the purchase of H. Miller Graphic Arts of England. Co-founder Ted Thompson retired in 2001. The same year, dental color matching systems were unveiled. In June 2006, X-Rite purchased Amazys, owners of Gretag–Macbeth and thereby the Munsell products. In October 2007, X-Rite completed acquisition of Pantone, Inc. On May 15, 2012, Danaher Corporation completed its acquisition of X-Rite
- X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
- X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
- XR Ventures LLC
- X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
- X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
- X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
- X-Rite MA, Incorporated
- X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
- X-Rite Global, Inc.
- X-Rite AG
- Pantone, Inc.
- Encyclopedia of Company Histories, International Directory of Company Histories, by The Gale Group, Inc.
- “X-Rite Announces Preliminary Final Results Of Its Offer For All Registered Shares Of Amazys Holding AG” press release.
- “X-Rite to Acquire Pantone, Inc. Extending Reach in the Color Industry” press release.
- "Danaher Corporation Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of X-Rite, Incorporated press release.
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|