||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2011)|
|Key people||Len Bosack – CEO and Cisco systems founder|
Founded in 1991, XKL, LLC develops optical transport technologies. Based in Kirkland, Washington, XKL, is led by the Cisco Systems co-founder Len Bosack. As CEO of XKL, Under Bosack, Cisco commercialized local area network (LAN) technology to connect geographically to computers over a multiprotocol router system.
XKL deployed DarkStar technology that allows enterprises to take advantage of higher reliability, reduced costs and power and allow for more control over IT resources. The “plug and play” system allow data network engineers to deploy their own optical transmission systems in metro, regional and long distance networks.
- Optical Networking
- Optical Transport Systems
- Long Haul Networks
- Regional Networks
- Metro Networks
- SAN Solutions
- Data Center Interconnect
- Low Latency Solutions
- Remote Datacenters
- Duffy, Jim. "Cisco founder wants to go faster, farther". Network World. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Len Bosack and XKL introduce "Do It Yourself Optical Networking"". GLG Group. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "Cisco Founder Pushes for DIY Optical Networks". Light Reading. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- "Len Bosack speaks with Erik Linask at ITEXPO". TMCNet. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "XKL’s New DarkStar In-Line Fiber Amplifiers Move Data at Record Speed". cyberFIBEROPTIC. Retrieved 2009-10-31.