The new XL logo used since October 28, 2014
|Traded as||IDX: EXCL|
|Industry||Cellular service provider|
|Founded||October 6, 1989
(under the name of PT Grahametropolitan Lestari)
|Key people||Hasnul Suhaimi, CEO|
|Revenue||IDR 21,265 billion|
|Net income||IDR 1,033 billion|
PT XL Axiata Tbk, doing business as XL (formerly PT Excelcomindo Pratama Tbk), is an Indonesia-based mobile telecommunications services operator. The operator's coverage includes Java, Bali, and Lombok as well as the principal cities in and around Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi. XL offers data communication, broadband Internet, mobile communication and 3G services over GSM 900 and GSM 1800 networks.
Initially XL provided cellular mobile telephony services using the GSM 900 technology. A few years after launching services, the company was awarded a license for implementing a DCS 1800 network, and to operate an ISP and VoIP service.
In 2006, XL obtained a 3G license, which services launched in September of the same year.
Excelcomindo was established on 6 October 1989 under the name of PT Grahametropolitan Lestari and originally was a trading and general services company.
XL became the first private mobile services operator in the country, starting commercial operations on 8 October 1996.
In 2009, XL was bought by the Axiata Group which caused a change of logos. The XL letters were made blue, and an Axiata tag was added on to the logo.
In October 28, 2014, XL launched the new logo with the launch of Real Mobile 4G LTE network service.
Pro XL (1997–2004)
- Pro XL GSM, Langsung Kriiiing.... (30 December 1997 – 14 March 2002)
- Tak Selalu Plihan Anda Yang PRO (31 December 1997 - 14 March 2002)
- Anda Yang PRO (15 March 2002 - 20 June 2003)
- PROXL, Memang Manfaat (31 December 1997 - 31 December 2000)
- Plih Yang PRO (31 December 1997 - 15 November 2001)
- PROXL, Sekarang Memberi Memang Manfaat (1 January 2001 - 15 November 2001)
- PROXL, Tak Hanya Bicara (16 November 2001 - 20 June 2003)
- Bening Sepanjang Nusantara PRO XL (21 June 2003 – 24 June 2004)
- XL, Membuat Dunia Extra Small (25 June 2004 - 12 February 2006)
- XL, Jangkauan Luas (13 February 2006 - 31 December 2007)
- XL, Nyambung Teruuus (1 January 2008 - 9 February 2009)
- XL, Unlimited (10 February 2009 – 10 May 2010)
- XL, Facebook (11 May 2010 – 10 August 2010)
- XLalu (11 August 2010 - 31 October 2011)
- XLangkah Lebih Maju (1 November 2011 – 31 January 2013)
- XL, Internet Tercepat (1 February 2013 - 27 October 2014)
- Sekarang, Bisa! (28 October 2014 - now)
- XL Jempol, Bisa Bisa Aja (1 June 2004 - now)
- XL BEBAS, Kartu Iritkan (1 June 2004 - now)
High-bandwidth fibre-optic cable
Telekom Malaysia, Mora Telematika and XL Axiata has been working cooperatively to build a high-bandwidth fibre-optic submarine cable, which will stretch 400 kilometers, between the state of Malacca and Batam, through Dumai with a total cost of $7.6 million USD. Lead by Huawei Marine Networks, the cables will be completed at Q4 2011.
XL Axiata, in partnership with Nextgen Group and 3 other partners, build Australia-Singapore Cable to connect Australia, Indonesia and Singapore. XL Axiata has a submarine beach cable facility and submarine cable landing station in Anyer, Banten to connect Australia-Singapore Cable to Indonesia.
- Financial Report December 2013
- Resmi Ganti Nama, XL Ingin Terdepan
- Indonesia-investments.com: XL Axiata company profile
- "Theindonesiatoday.com". theindonesiatoday.com. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- "XL Axiata > Home". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- "TM to spend MYR12.2 million on submarine link with Indonesia". telegeography.com. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- "Huawei to construct sea cables connecting RI and Malaysia | The Jakarta Post". thejakartapost.com. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- "ASC Customer Project Update February 2014; ASC International". ascinternational.net. Retrieved 2014-11-01.