XM (file format)
|Internet media type||
|Type of format||Module file format|
XM, standing for "extended module", is an audio file type introduced by Triton's FastTracker 2. XM introduced multisampling-capable instruments with volume and panning envelopes, and basic pattern compression. It also expanded the available effect commands and channels, added 16-bit sample support, and offered an alternative frequency table for portamentos.
XM is a common format for many chiptunes.
See also 
- MilkyTracker - A free software cross platform XM tracker
- libmikmod - A free software library for using .XM
- ModPlug - Old modplug website
- libmodplug - A free software library for playing / using .XM (with a frontend can convert XM files).
- BASSMOD - Proprietary library for using .XM and a XM player
- foo_dumb - foobar2000 plugin for .XM format
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|