XM (file format)
|Internet media type||
|Type of format||Module file format|
XM, standing for "extended module", is an audio file type introduced by Triton's FastTracker 2. XM introduced multisampling-capable instruments with volume and panning envelopes, and basic pattern compression. It also expanded the available effect commands and channels, added 16-bit sample support, and offered an alternative frequency table for portamentos. www.modarchive.org uses this format.
XM is a common format for many chiptunes.
- VLC – An open-source cross-platform media player which supports XM files
- MilkyTracker – A free software cross-platform XM tracker
- libmikmod – A free software library for using .XM
- ModPlug – Old modplug website
- libmodplug – A free software library for playing and using .XM (with a front end can convert XM files)
- BASSMOD – A proprietary library for using .XM and a XM player
- foo_dumb – A foobar2000 plug-in for .XM format
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|