Metropolis Records (US)
Deathwatch Asia (JP)
|Associated acts||Muscle And Hate
|Past members||Paul Toohill|
XP8 is an Italian electronic group. The band started in 2001 as a trio, composed of Marco Visconti, Marko Resurreccion, and singer Paul Toohill.
The group self-released an album, Forgive on MP3.com. When they signed to the Polish label Black Flames Records, their album was released as Forgive[n] in May 2004. An EP of new material, RE_Productions, was released five months later. In 2005, the band released their second album, Hrs:Min:Sec, on the German label Infacted Recordings.
Their third album, The Art of Revenge, was released in January 2008 on Infacted. It was also licensed to Sigsaly Transmissions for North America and Gravitator Records for Russia the same year. A music video, the band's first, was produced for the album's title track.
Over the years, the band played all over Europe, from their native Italy to Russia, as well as performing at festivals like Wave-Gotik-Treffen in Germany. In 2008, XP8 also reached US shores for the first time with their live show, supporting System Syn on a one month promotional tour.
The following year they played at the Kinetik Festival in Canada, and begun working on their fourth studio album Drop The Mask, which was released in early 2010 once again by Infacted Recordings, with the digital-only Want It coming up just a few months before. Straying away from a pure dancefloor sound, the band experimented also with different approaches to electronica, and the album immediately received good praises by the press, consecrating it as the most mature XP8 release to date. Soon afterwards the album was licensed to Metropolis Records for a North American released and peaked at number 1 on the label's mailorder a week before its street date, while a limited digipack edition with a bonus CD was released in Japan by Deathwatch Asia.
In 2013, XP8 released the crowd-funded concept album Adrenochrome, which they described as their best effort to date, without any record label support. 
- Forgive (2003, download)
- Forgive[n] (2004, Black Flames Records)
- Hrs:Min:Sec (2005, Infacted Recordings / Nilaihah Records)
- The Art of Revenge (2008, Infacted Recordings / Sigsaly Transmissions / Gravitator Records)
- Drop The Mask (2010, Infacted Recordings / Metropolis Records)
- Drop The Mask (Limited 2CD Digipack Japanese Edition) (2010, Deathwatch Asia)
- X: A Decade Of Decadence (2011, 2393 Records / Deathwatch Asia)
- Adrenochrome (2013, 2393 Records)
- RE_Productions (2004, Black Flames Records)
- Synthphony REMIXed! Vol.4 (2005, Synthphony Records)
- Infaction Two EP (2006, Infacted Recordings)
- Fouplay Vol.1 EP (2006, Nilaihah Records)
- Want It (2009, Infacted Recordings)
- Still Frames (2011, 2393 Records)
- Burning Down (2012, 2393 Records)
- Meathead's Lost HD (2013, 2393 Records)
- "News :: Paul Toohill leaves XP8". Archived from the original on 2009-12-19.
- Alex Davie. "Shout! Online :: Unter Null & XP8 - Live in Moscow (07.07.06, «Matrix» club) - Part 1". Shout.ru. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Metropolis Records // Artists // XP8". Metropolis-records.com. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Reviews". Darktwincities.Com. 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Main". Elektrauma.de. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- dagheisha (2010-01-16). "Cd Review : XP8 - Drop The Mask". Dagheisha.com. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "XP8 presents Adrenochrome". Indiegogo.com. 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2013-05-09.