XSEED redirects here. For the proposed supertall structure see X-Seed 4000.
|Type||Subsidiary of Marvelous AQL|
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Headquarters||21515 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 1020
Torrance, CA 90503
|Key people||Jun Iwasaki, Kenzo Nogimura, Ken Berry|
|Products||Video games Marketing, Publisher and Distribution|
Marvelous USA, formerly Xseed Games JKS (stylized as XSEED Games), a subsidiary of the Marvelous AQL group, is a video game publisher and distributor founded by former members of Square Enix USA. Their goal is to bring high-quality interactive entertainment to the North American market. They provide sales services for video games and related materials, as well as marketing support services mainly for Japanese corporations looking to market general consumer goods on the North American market.
On May 9, 2008, XSEED Games announced that they would be joining forces with Marvelous Entertainment (MMV) to co-publish their games in North America. At E3 2008, MMV USA and XSEED Games distinguished the games that would be co-published under the agreement and the games that XSEED will publish separately.
On May 14, 2010, XSEED Games announced that they would be partnering with Japanese publisher and developer Nihon Falcom to bring over the Ys games and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on PSP to North America.
On February 22, 2012, it was announced that Nintendo will be partnering with XSEED to localize The Last Story in North America during Summer 2012. On March 13, 2012, XSEED Games announced that they will publish Microsoft Windows games through the Steam digital distribution platform, starting with Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin.
On May 7, 2013, XSeed had announced that it has acquired Atlus Online and that it will be renamed Marvelous USA and oversee all of Marvelous AQL's US operations. The XSeed Games brand will continue to be used for console, handheld and PC video games whilst mobile and online games will be released under the Marvelous Online brand.
- Marvelous Entertainment and XSEED Games Announce Co-Publishing Agreement
- "Games being shown under the Marvelous and XSEED Games partnership". GameSpy.
- Eric Caoili (2010-05-14). "XSeed, Nihon Falcom Partner To Bring Ys, Legend Of Heroes To North America". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- George, Richard. "The Last Story Confirmed for North America". IGN.
- "XSEED Games to Start Publishing on Steam".
- "XSEED Games Releases New Standalone Version of The Last Story to replace the sold-out Premium Launch Edition".
- IGN: Xseed Brings RPGs to PS2
- IGN: Xseed Games profile
- 1UP.com: Planting the SEED
- RPGLAND: Interview with Xseed Games
- RPGamer: Xseed Now 100% More Marvelous
- Joystiq: Grand Knights History no US Release
- NintendoWorldReport: Unchained Blades 3DS release date press release
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|