XXI Corps (United Kingdom)
|Active||World War I|
|Part of||Egyptian Expeditionary Force|
|Engagements||World War I|
The XXI Corps was an Army Corps of the British Army during World War I. The Corps was formed in Egypt in June 1917 under the command of Lieutenant General Edward Bulfin. It formed part of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force (EEF), that served in the Sinai and Palestine Campaign.
Commanding officers 
Order of battle December 1917 
Order of battle September 1918 
- 3rd (Lahore) Division (Major General A.R. Hoskins)
- 7th (Meerut) Division (Major General Sir V. B. Fane)
- 54th (East Anglian) Division (Major General S. W. Hare)
- 60th (2/2nd London) Division (Major General Sir J. S. M. Shea)
- 75th Division (Major General P. C. Palin)
- French Palestine Contingent (4 Bns and 3 Btys) 
- Corps mounted troops (Composite Yeomanry Regiment: 'A' Sqn 1/Duke of Lancaster's Own Yeomanry, 'A' & 'B" Sqns 1/Hertfordshire Yeomanry)
- XXI Corps Heavy Artillery
- Sub-Group under the Right Group
- 4.7-inch Battery RGA
- 300 SB, RGA 6-inch Section
- 334 SB, RGA, One Section
- Right Group
- 100th Brigade, RGA, Headquarters -
- 15th HB, RGA
- 134 SB, RGA
- 334 SB, RGA One Section
- 43 SB, RGA "Bessie"
- Right Centre Group
- 95th Brigade, RGA Headquarters -
- 181 HB, RGA
- 304 SB, RGA
- 314 SB, RGA
- 383 SB, RGA
- 422 SB, RGA
- 5.9-inch Hows. Section.
- Left Centre Group
- 102nd Brigade, RGA Headquarters -
- 91 HB, RGA
- 209 SB, RGA
- 380 SB, RGA
- 440 SB, RGA
- 300 SB, RGA 8 inch Section
- 43 SB, RGA "Lizzie"
- Left Group
- 96th Brigade, RGA Headquarters -
- 189 HB, RGA
- 202 HB, RGA
- 378 SB, RGA
- 394 SB, RGA
- The Sub-Group was in support of the French
- The Right Group was in support of the 54th Division
- The Right Centre Group was in support of the 3rd (Lahore) Division
- The Left Centre Group was in support of the 75th Division
- The Left Group was in support of the 60th Division.
- Woodward, p 100
- The British Corps of 1914-1918
- Perrett, Bryan (1999). Megiddo 1918: the last great cavalry victory. Osprey Publishing. ISBN 1-85532-827-5.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Wavell 1968, p. 217-8
- Massey 1920, pp. 339-40
- Keogh 1955, p. 240
- Blenkinsop 1925, p.235-6
- Massey 1920, p. 340
- Wavell 1968, p. 218
- Wavell 1968, p. 218-9
- Blenkinsop, L.J. & J.W. Rainey, ed. (1925). History of the Great War Based on Official Documents Veterinary Services. London: H.M. Stationers. OCLC 460717714.
- Keogh, E. G.; Joan Graham (1955). Suez to Aleppo. Melbourne: Directorate of Military Training by Wilkie & Co. OCLC 220029983.
- William T. Massey, Allenby’s Final Triumph (London: Constable & Co., London 1920)
- Wavell, Field Marshal Earl (1968). In E.W. Sheppard. The Palestine Campaigns. A Short History of the British Army (3rd ed.). London: Constable & Co.
- Woodward, David Hell in the Holy Land: World War I in the Middle East Publisher University Press of Kentucky, (2006), ISBN 0-8131-2383-6,