The XXVI Fighter Command is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was assigned to Sixth Air Force throughout its existence. It was based at Albrook Field, Canal Zone. It was inactivated on 25 August 1946. It engaged in antisubmarine operations from the Canal Zone.
- Constituted as XXVI Interceptor Command on 28 February 1942
- Activated on 6 March 1942
- Redesignated: XXVI Fighter Command on 1 May 1942
- Inactivated on 25 August 1946
- Disbanded on 8 October 1948
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.