|Defunct||24 May 2012|
|Headquarters||North Ryde, Australia|
|Products||Subscription Television Channels|
Number of employees
XYZnetworks was an Australian media that owned, operated and distributed eleven subscription television channels in Australia. XYZnetworks was jointly owned by Foxtel and Austar. Based in Sydney, they had roughly 170 employees, with offices in North Ryde.
Some of the channels owned by XYZnetworks included:
- Channel [V]
- Country Music Channel
- The LifeStyle Channel and LifeStyle HD (a high definition simulcast)
- LifeStyle Food
- LifeStyle Home
- LifeStyle You
- The Weather Channel Australia
- [V] Hits (formerly Channel [V]2 and Club [V])
XYZnetworks also distributed Discovery Channel and jointly owned Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. XYZ operated Arena until 1 October 2007, when it became a channel wholly operated by parent company Foxtel, with XYZ still owning the channel.
- XYZ Networks: Home
- "Foxtel completes Austar merger|TV Tonight". David Knox. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Foxtel, Austar spells end for XYZ|News|C21Media". 'Jesse Whittock'. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
|This Australian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|