X Factor India
|X Factor India|
|Created by||Simon Cowell|
|Presented by||Aditya Narayan|
Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Asha Bhosle (2012–)
|No. of series||1|
Multi Screen Media
|Original channel||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Original run||May 29, 2011 – present|
X Factor India is the Indian version of The X Factor, a show originating from the United Kingdom. It is a television music talent show contested by aspiring singers of all genres drawn from public auditions from all across India. The show in its inaugural year was broadcast on Sony Entertainment Television Channel. The 2011 competition was open to all Indian citizens born before January 15, 1995. There were 3 categories for registrants: Solo performances for those between 16 and 24 years of age as on January 15, 2011 and for those equal to and above 25 years of age as on January 15, 2011 and Group performance for a group of 2 or more people, all of which should be above the age of 16 years as on January 15, 2011. Reservation draws were to be divided one third to each category. Each week, Live Concerts were held in Mumbai where the 12 finalists performed for the judges and a live studio audience
Registrations were launched via telephones and SMS on 20 January 2011 all across India. Auditions were held in the following cities:
- Ahmedabad 12 February 2011
- Kolkata 15 and 16 February 2011
- Lucknow 23 February 2011
- Indore 27 February 2011
- Mumbai 4 and 5 March 2011
- Delhi 12 and 13 March 2011
Judges and host
- – Winning judge/category. Winners are in bold, eliminated contestants in small font.
|Season||Shreya Ghoshal||Sonu Nigam||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
Kartar Singh Yadav
"Over 25s" category
|Season||Start||Finish||Winner||Runner-up||Third place||Winning mentor||Main host||Main Sponsor||Judges||Guest mentors|
||May 29, 2011||September 2, 2011||Geet Sagar||Seema Jha||Sadja Sisters||Shreya Ghoshal||Aditya Narayan||Onida Electronics||Shreya Ghoshal
Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Season 1 (2011)
The X Factor (India season 1)
The 12 acts for the Live Shows are confirmed as follows:
- – Winner
- – Runner-up
- – Third Place
|Category (Judge Guru)||Acts|
|16 to 24s (Sonu Nigam)||Sahiti G||Seema Jha||Piyush Kapoor||Shovan Ganguly|
|Over 25s (Shreya Ghoshal)||Manjeera Ganguly||Amit Jadhav||Kartar Singh Yadav||Geet Sagar|
|Groups (Sanjay Leela Bhansali)||Last Minute||Nirmitee||Sajda Sisters||Deewana|
Season 2 (2013)
Season 2 of X Factor is replaced by first season of "Indian Idol Junior".
About the Contestants
- Manjeera Ganguly: She was the first contestant who got eliminated from X Factor India and was in the group of the judge Shreya Ghoshal. She was also a contestant on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 but got out early.
- Shovan Ganguly: He was the second contestant who got eliminated from X Factor India and was in the group of judge Sonu Nigam.
- Last Minute: This group has nine members. This was the first group eliminated from X Factor India. This group with judge Sanjay Leela Bansali.
- Piyush Kapoor: He was the fourth person eliminated from X Factor India and was in the group of judge Sonu Nigam.
- Sahiti G: She was the one of the better vocalists in the competition but was eliminated in 8th place. She was also in the team of judge Sonu Nigam.
- Amit Jadhav: He was the seventh contestant to eliminated from X Factor India and was in the team of judge Shreya Ghoshal. He was also a contestant on Fame Gurukul, a similar music-competition show which premiered in 2005.
- Kartar Singh Yadav: He was the oldest contestant of X Factor India but a great singer. He was eliminated in sixth place. He was in the team of judge Shreya Ghoshal.
- Deewana: This group has 7 members. While fairly popular, they were also eliminated from X Factor India in 5th place. This group was in the team of judge Sanjay Leela Bansali
- Nirmitee: This group had four members and was known for their innovative musical presentations. This group was also eliminated in X Factor India in 4th place. This group was in team of Sanjay Leela Bansali.
- Sajda Sisters: This group of three consists of 2 aunts and their niece: 40 year old Anita, 36 year old Rekha and 20 year old Shivranjini. They belong to a common household in Valsad, and so these women decided to take the mantle and showcase their singing talent to the whole country. Without any vocal training, they managed to reach the top three of the competition. This group is also in team of Sanjay Leela Bansali.
- Geet Sagar: Eventual winner & voted the best male singer in X Factor India. Previously, this 27 year old was an event manager in Gwalior. He started off as a Radio Jockey for Lemon 91.1 FM. He was in the team of judge Shreya Ghoshal. In addition, he was also a contestant on Indian Idol, another similar music competition show.
- Seema Jha: She was the youngest competitor in the show and the eventual runner-up to the title of X Factor India. During her auditions in New Delhi, she'd performed on Dilber Dil Se Pyaare. Her singing ability have earned her the sobriquet of "Little Lata", in the context of the renowned senior Indian vocalist, Lata Mangeshkar from senior industry musicians. She was in the group of Judge Sonu Nigam.
- Format and Details about X Factor India
- Rules and Regulations - Terms and conditions governing participation Uin the X Factor India auditions