|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2014)|
Content Management Systems
|Headquarters||Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway|
|Products||Content Management, Proposal software and Collaborative Real-time Editors|
Xait (pronounced "excite") is a software development company, specializing in Web-based database solutions. The company provides its customers with software for document publishing and collaboration. Its flagship product, XaitPorter, is a collaborative-writing software and is used by clients worldwide to create bids, proposals, financial reports, contracts and other business critical documentation. Key benefits includes increased efficiency, time saving, reduced cost, increased quality, regulatory compliance, accountability and transparency by introducing a Managed Collaborative Authoring Process. In Norway the majority of all Oil operators use XaitPorter for writing their drilling license applications. At the 22nd licensing round in Norway, 100% of the oil & gas operator licenses on Norwegian continental shelf were awarded to XaitPorter clients.
The company was founded year 2000 in Stavanger. Xait first started developing a CMS (Content Management System) publishing software called XaitExposure and a CRM (Customer Relationship Software) software called XaitExonerate. In 2002 however, the company launched a new Collaborative writing software called Publish-As-You-Go, later renamed XaitPorter which is the only Xait software in current active production.
Awards & recognition
- Xait was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2013.
- XaitPorter was awarded ”Star of Show” at the 2004 PETEX Conference and Exhibition.
- The database is built on Oracle architecture, using their latest technology.
- In May 2013 Xait and Mike Parkinsons`s GetMyGraphic formed a strategic partnership. Allowing users of Xait to integrate GetMyGraphic's database of editable graphics right into their XaitPorter documents.
- XaitPorter is offered as a turn-key solution in the form of a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or as an appliance (Solution-In-A-Box), as well as traditional proprietary software for installation on customer-provided hardware.
The company’s customers include:
- Oil and gas companies
- Private healthcare providers.
- Facilities Management Companies.
- Technology companies.
- "Xait Releases New Version of the Document Collaboration Software XaitPorter". prnewswire.com. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Xait vil utfordre Word(Norwegian)". offshore.no. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "Multiple writers - One Document". Scandinavian-Oil and Gas Magazine. 2010-01-02. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "22nd Licensing Round". Regjeringen.no. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Xait - About Us". Xait.com. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Software Company Xait named Gartner Cool Vendor 2013". Reuters.com. 2013-04-29. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "2004 PETEX Conference and Exhibition". oilit.com. 2005-01-14. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Oracle feature on Xait". oracle.com. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Xait and Get My Graphic Form Strategic Partnership". wsj.com. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Oracle Database Appliance Solution-In-A-Box". Oracle. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Operatørenes Ess i ermet(Norwegian)". petro.no. 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Order in writing chaos in Oil industry (translated from Norwegian)". aftenbladet.no. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Porter løser skriveproblemer(Norwegian)". offshore.no. Retrieved 2013-04-25.