|Genres||Symphonic metal, Gothic metal|
|Years active||1994–1997, 1999–present|
|Labels||Napalm Records (2011–present)
Drakkar Entertainment (2003–2011)
Dianne van Giersbergen
|Past members||See below|
After various demos and great success on different MP3 portals, they released their first album in 2003, entitled Kill the Sun, which reached No. 98 on the German music charts. The follow-up album, Ravenheart (2004), stayed on the charts for seven weeks, reaching No. 36. In 2005 they released their third album, India, which reached No. 30 on the German charts. Xandria began recording their fourth album, Salomé – The Seventh Veil, on December 14, 2006. It was released on May 25, 2007 and reached No. 41 on the German charts.
Lisa Middelhauve resigned on April 30, 2008 citing personal reasons and discomfort in being the band's frontwoman. The band found a new singer in February 2009, Kerstin Bischof a.k.a. Lakonia, best known for her collaborations with the band Axxis. However, after just one year Kerstin Bischof decided to leave the band to concentrate on a different career, and Middelhauve replaced her for a series of concerts in Summer 2010. On December 19, 2010, Xandria announced the addition of 29 year old female singer Manuela Kraller to the group's ranks. Manuela Kraller made her live debut at the "Classic Meets Pop" event on January 7, 2011 at the Seidensticker Halle in Bielefeld, Germany.
On the 5th of February the band announced on their website and facebook page their new bass player Steven Wussow, along with the message that they will enter the studio again for their next studio album the same year. As of the 25th of October, the band announced on their website that Manuela Kraller had left the band to pursue a different career and announced Ex Libris singer Dianne van Giersbergen as their new vocalist.
Early Years and Kill the Sun
The first incarnation of Xandria was formed by Marco in 1997, but quickly disbanded after recording one demo. The project was restarted with a different line-up in 1999.
|2003||Kill the Sun||98||—|
|2007||Salomé – The Seventh Veil||49||—|
|2008||Now & Forever – Best of Xandria|
|2000||Kill the Sun|
|2007||"Save My Life"||—||Salomé – The Seventh Veil|
1 Limited edition
|2003||"Kill the Sun"||Kill the Sun|
|2005||"In Love with the Darkness"||India|
|2007||"Sisters of the Light"1||Salomé – The Seventh Veil|
1 As Xandria vs. Jesus on Extasy
- Current members
- Marco Heubaum – vocals, guitar, keyboards (1997–present)
- Gerit Lamm – drums (1997–present)
- Philip Restemeier – guitar (2001–present)
- Steven Wussow – bass (2013–present)
- Dianne van Giersbergen – vocals (2013–present)
- Former members
- Niki Weltz – drums (1994–1997)
- Manuel Vinke – guitar (1996–1997)
- Andreas Litschel – keyboards (1996–1997)
- Nicole Tobien – vocals (1997)
- Holger Vester – bass (1997)
- Jens Becker – guitar (1999–2000)
- Andreas Maske – guitar (2000–2001)
- Roland Krueger – bass (1999–2004)
- Kerstin Bischof – vocals (2009–2010)
- Lisa Middelhauve – vocals, piano (2000–2008, 2010)
- Nils Middelhauve – bass (2004–2012)
- Manuela Kraller – vocals (2010–2013)
- "Xandria — Longplay-Chartverfolgung". musicline.de (in German). Phononet GmbH. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Xandria once again looking for lead singer". Blabbermouth. 18 February 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "Xandria". Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Xandria — Single-Chartverfolgung". Musicline.de (in German). Phononet GmbH. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
6. ^ http://xandria.de/ Retrieved 25th October 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xandria.|