Adibi while at Virginia Tech.
|No. 52, 57, 58|
|Date of birth:||October 18, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Stillwater, Oklahoma|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Hampton (VA) Phoebus|
|NFL draft:||2008 – 4th round – 118th pick|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Xavier Oyekola Adibi (born October 18, 1984) is a former American football linebacker. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
He helped the Phantoms win their first state championship. Phoebus' first undefeated season came during Adibi's senior year where the Phantoms won their second consecutive state championship. Adibi rushed for 155 yards and four touchdowns in the 2002 state football game, while playing fullback, with future college teammate, D. J. Parker, as the quarterback.
Following his high school career, Adibi played in the 2003 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Adibi played college football at Virginia Tech. As a redshirt freshman in 2004, Adibi backed up Mikal Baquee. He was injured during the first game against USC and returned for a Thursday night game against Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Against Georgia Tech, Adibi had a prolific game, making eight tackles, including two sacks. He had a key game-saving sack on a Georgia Tech fourth quarter scoring drive. Georgia Tech had an opportunity to ice the game away, but Adibi's sack of Reggie Ball forced a field goal and kept it a one-score game, which Virginia Tech would ultimately rally to win.
In 2006, Adibi finished second on the team in tackles with 82. Following a 17-0 shutout of Virginia, he was honored as the ACC defensive lineman of the week for his performance, which included a forced fumble to set up the first (and winning) touchdown.
Adibi's older brother, Nathaniel Adibi, was a standout defensive end for the Hokies. Their father, Abiodun Adibi, was a college soccer player at Oklahoma State and is a professor at Hampton University.
- Stewart, Will (2004-10-28). "Virginia Tech 34, Georgia Tech 20". TechSideline. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- Adibi plays the "backer" position in Tech's defense, which aligns as the linebacker closest to the short side of the field, normally lining up between the two defensive tackles or between the tackle and end on the short side of the field. He is "inside" the defensive linemen and thus an "inside" linebacker, not an outside linebacker.
- "Adibi honored by ACC". hokiesports.com. 2006-11-27.
- "Vikings bring in linebacker Adibi". startribune.com. 2011-09-04.
- "Bears make roster moves on defense". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- Stites, Adam. "NFL Roster Cuts: Bears Release 21 Players, Including Josh McCown, Xavier Adibi". SB Nation. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Titans sign Xavier Adibi".
- Schlabach, Mark (2005-09-30). "Adibi Gives Hokies a Top Weapon On Defense". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2007-07-26.