Avery in 2012
January 1, 1990 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|May 13, 2012 for the Baltimore Orioles|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||6|
Xavier Tyrone Avery (born January 1, 1990) is an American professional baseball outfielder for the Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Baltimore Orioles in 2012.
Avery was called up to the majors for the first time on May 13, 2012.
The following day, he scored his first major league run and also collected his first double, triple and RBI. He hit his first career home run on June 29, 2012 against the Cleveland Indians. The Orioles optioned Avery to Norfolk in July. He was recalled September 1 when the team's roster expanded 
On August 30, 2013, the Orioles traded Avery to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for Michael Morse. He was designated for assignment on March 28, 2014. He was not claimed on waivers, and was subsequently outrighted to the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers.
- Connolly, Dan (May 12, 2012). "Xavier Avery likely to be promoted to Orioles". Baltimoresun.com. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Connolly, Dan (July 12, 2012). "Xavier Avery | Orioles send Xavier Avery to Triple-A Norfolk". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Encina, Eduardo A. (August 31, 2012). "Xavier Avery and Luis Exposito with Orioles in New York". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Baker, Geoff. "Michael Morse, as expected, traded to the Orioles | Mariners blog | Seattle Times". Blogs.seattletimes.com. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)