Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore|
|Type||Private business school|
|Location||Bangalore & Kochi, India|
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) is a top rated Business School in India. It has fully residential campuses with access to seamless learning facilities, one located at the heart of the Silicon Valley of India in Bangalore and the second one at the commercial capital of Kerala, Kochi. XIME is the only Institute in Bangalore with AICTE accreditation. The Institute pioneered the Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS, estd 2008) which is a platform for management education in the emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- 1 Founding
- 2 Board of Governors
- 3 Courses
- 4 Notable Alumni
- 5 International Associations
- 6 Curriculum
- 7 References
- 8 Related links
Board of Governors
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of XIME is Mr. Sarosh J. Ghandy, Former Managing Director, Telcon Ltd. of Tata Group and Former Chairman of XLRI.The president of the institution is Prof. J.Philip Olassa, Former Director of IIM-Bangalore.
KEY FOUNDING MEMBERS OF XIME
Prof. J. Philip, former Director, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and former Dean, XLRI and Founder President, Association of Indian Management Schools(AIMS)
Prof. Vijay B Pisharody
Fr.Dr.E.Abraham SJ, Director XLRI, Jamshedpur
Rev.Dr.Alphonsus Mathias, Archbishop Emeritus, Bangalore
Rev.Dr.Percival Fernandez, former Director, St.John's Medical College, Bangalore
Late Prof.J.D.Cherayil, former Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
- Three year part-time course in Business Administration.
- Management Development Programmes.
- Executive / Entrepreneurship Development Programmes .
- 15 month Executive PGDM Programme
|Shailesh Menezes||Head - HR||HP||India|
|Narasimhan S L||Director||State Street Bank||Hong Kong|
|Sumesh Menon||CEO||U2opia Mobile||Singapore|
|Arindham Sinha||Managing Principal Consultant||Oracle||Dubai|
|Souvik Maitra||Managing Consultant||IBM||India|
|Ganesh Shenoy||VP - HR||HSBC||India|
|Mahesh Raman||AVP||Ernst & Young||India|
|Bipin Cherian||Head - Emerging Markets||Marico||India|
|Elson P K||Senior Manager - HR||Tata Hitachi||India|
XIME is today a global brand and reverberates with regular international events in collaboration with seventeen partner institutions around the globe, including strong campus exchange programmes, faculty exchange programmes and international study tour for its students. XIME took the initiative in formation of Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS), thus bringing together Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa which are emerging as significant economic growth areas today. Prof J Philip, President of XIME was the founder president of this association. The latest addition to the global network is the Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade ( SIFT).
XIME'S INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
• Audencia Nantes School of Management, France
• Cotrugli Business Academy, Zagreh, Croatia
• The Universita' Delgi Studi Di Milano Bicocca, Italy
• Negocia / Advancia Business School, Paris
• University of Redlands,Los Angeles, USA
• Wuerzburg Schweinfurt University of Applied Science,Germany
• Kozminsk University, Poland
• Avans Hogeschool University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
• Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade (SIFT), China
• Association of BRICS Business Schools (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
• Global Management Education Institute of Shanghai University, Shanghai.
• Shantou University, China
• International Business School, University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing
• State University for Moscow
• Graduate School of Business, University of Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
• International Relations, FGV-EAESP, São Paulo, Brazil
Socially Useful and Productive Activity
Every student is given an opportunity to work with an NGO or Government organization in the social welfare field in understanding its activities and needs and to make relevant contributions through the application of modern management concepts.
Summer Project / Internship
The students go through well-planned and structured projects in the industry, during their course at XIME:
- The Summer Project at the end of their First Year for a period of 2 months
- Weekly industrial visits.
The Internship Programme gives them hands on experience about the functional characteristics of the department or area in which they are specializing, in pursuit of their managerial career and an overview of the organization.
This is another dimension of the PGDBM programme that has been designed to prompt the students to incorporate the ethical dimension as a part of their decision making process.
With the emphasis given to international business, which includes a course in Comparative Management Systems, XIME has made it a requirement for the students to acquire a working knowledge of at least one foreign language.
The students are also trained to pick up the cultural aspects of doing business in some of the leading countries.
New ventures fuel economic revivals and are the basis on which modern day economies grow.
The vital role that the entrepreneurial mind can play in our economy is amply reflected by XIME offering a course in Entrepreneurship, as a part of the PGDBM curriculum.
The students of XIME have always displayed an enthusiasm to compete, learn and keep abreast of the changing environment.
This has been reflected in their active participation in the club activities during the first and the second year. The six clubs and the student forum are :
Quiz: 5W2H and
CATALYST - the Student Forum
- At XIME, the focus is on core competencies, advertorial in The Hindu
- Participation in the Conference of BRICS Business Schools at XIME, Bangalore, India, China Daily 24 September 2009