|Shooting guard / Point guard|
January 22, 1988 |
San Antonio, Texas
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school||Stephen F. Austin (Austin, Texas)
Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, New Hampshire)
Northern Illinois (2009–2011)
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2011–present|
|2011||BCM Gravelines (France)|
|2011–2012||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2012–2013||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2013–2014||Maccabi Ashdod (Israel)|
Xavier James Silas (born January 22, 1988) is an American professional basketball player.
Silas is the son of former NBA player James Silas. Silas grew up in Austin, Texas before moving on to Brewster Academy in New Hampshire for a postgraduate year. After Brewster, he played college basketball at the University of Colorado at Boulder before transferring to Northern Illinois University. During his 2010–11 season as a senior at NIU he averaged 22.3 points per game and 4.6 rebounds per game finishing 6th in the nation in scoring. After going undrafted in the 2011 NBA draft, and due to the 2011 NBA lockout, he signed with BCM Gravelines of France in September 2011.
On April 24, 2012, Silas signed with the 76ers for the remainder of the season.
He joined the 76ers for the 2012 Orlando Summer League. On July 13, 2012, Silas left a game after a collision with a teammate. He was accidentally elbowed, causing a concussion and a possible skull fracture.
- Ex-Husky Silas waiting on NBA
- Gravelines waives Eldridge and signs rookie Xavier Silas
- SIXERS SIGN GUARD XAVIER SILAS FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON - 4/24/2012
- Report: Sixers Xavier Silas suffers serious head injury
- Sixers Announce 2012 Training Camp Roster
- Sixers Waive Two Players
- SILAS, WRIGHT & OGUCHI SET TO RETURN TO RED CLAWS
- Wizards sign Josh Childress, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Xavier Silas, D’Or Fischer to training camp
- Wizards waive Josh Childress, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Xavier Silas
- Fort Wayne Conducts Trade with Maine
- Maccabi Ashdod signs Xavier Silas
- Xavier Silas left Maccabi Ashdod without notifying the team
- Xavier Silas signs in Argentina
- XAVIER SILAS SIGNS WITH QUIMSA, REPLACING JEREMY GREEN