||This article has no lead section. (December 2013)|
|Alexa rank||477 (April 2014[update])|
XDA-Developers.com (XDA Developers) was created by NAH6 Crypto Products BV (Netherlands). On 10 Jan 2010, XDA-Developers was bought by JB Online Media, LLC (USA). 
JB Online Media, LLC (the owner of XDA-developers.com) is located at: 1400 N Providence Rd, Suite 303, Media, PA 19063-4623, USA 
The site's main purpose is discussion, troubleshooting and development for Android, Windows Phone, WebOS, Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS and Bada phones. The site also offers Windows Mobile and Android users general information about devices, ROM upgrades, technical support, Q&A, and reviews of device applications and accessories. Separate forums exist for each model of phones manufactured by Sony, HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, and many others. Forums are also available for tablets and many other devices. The name XDA Developers is originally derived from the O2 XDA, which was marketed as a PDA with "extra" features.
In February 2009, Microsoft asked XDA Developers to remove all ROMs created by OEMs. In response, a petition was raised and signed by over 10,000 XDA Developers members. The petition was put aside when Microsoft did not pursue the removal of the customized images. Microsoft felt that using custom images based on the ROMs originally provided by Microsoft was acceptable as the ROMs work only on specific models and are not portable to devices for which the original ROM was not designed.
CNET Asia suggested that XDA Developers offers potential solutions to problems with many Windows-based mobile devices. In other mobile phone reviews, testers at CNET preferred using XDA Developers' ROMs when carrying out detailed reviews.
Many software and hardware hacks, rooting methods, and other phone and tablet specific tweaks originate from the members of the XDA Forum. The XDA Portal, launched February 2010, is a source for Android and mobile phone development news.
- "Xda-developers.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "XDA Developers Statistics". xda-developers. April 21, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "xda-developers: The History -Part One-". xda-developers. October 18, 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "http://www.xda-developers.com/changelog/". Xda Developers. Jb Online Media, Llc. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "http://themerapp.com/about". SS Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/j/jb_online_media.pdf". U.S. Copyright Office. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "XDA HQ".
- Dennis, Tony (February 16, 2007). "Microsoft stomps on xda developers". The Inquirer. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- Chan, John (January 23, 2008). "HTC and the case of the missing drivers". CNET Asia. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "XDA Launches Portal". xda-developers. February 16, 2010. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- XDA Developers News Portal
- XDA Developers CZECH Portal
- XDA Developers Forum
- XDA Developers on Twitter