Xetra (trading system)
Xetra ("Exchange Electronic Trading") is an electronic trading system for securities, based in Frankfurt, Germany. It was initialy developed for the Frankfurt Stock Exchange which launched it in November, 1997. It is operated by Deutsche Börse.
More than 14 other stock exchanges around the world have licensed the system. Xetra’s electronic trading technology proved popular with other exchanges as it had a good record of scalability, speed, reliability and the ease with which it could be adapted in other markets.
The conception and the implementation of the Xetra System was carried out by Accenture and Deutsche Börse Systems, the technology division of Deutsche Börse.
The Xetra system has been successfully implemented on the Irish Stock Exchange (operating as ISE Xetra), the Vienna Stock Exchange, the Bulgarian Stock Exchange, the European Energy Exchange, the Budapest Stock Exchange, and a number of other exchanges. It will also be installed on the Prague Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange.
In September, 2011, disagreement over "the introduction of the Xetra" system was given as the reason for the resignation of Budapest exchange head Mihaly Patai. "Patai, who is also chairman-chief executive of the Hungarian arm of Italy-based UniCredit S.p.A. (UNG.MI) and chairman of the Hungarian Banking Association, has been in charge of the bourse since December, 2008," according to the report.
- "Xetra Trading Platform". Deutsche Börse AG. 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- "ISE Xetra". Irish Stock Exchange Ltd. 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- "Wiener Börse: Members only - Xetra und OMex". Wiener Börse AG. 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- "Technical Connection Possibilities". European Energy Exchange. 2007-07-12. Archived from the original on 2007-05-02. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- "Deutsche Börse connects Xetra to Budapest Stock Exchange". Finextra Research. 2003-08-14. Retrieved 2007-11-02.
- "Accenture and Deutsche Börse to Help Shanghai Stock Exchange Build 'New Generation' Trading System". Accenture. 2004-11-10. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- Racz, Gergo, "Hungary bourse President Patai resigns: report", MarketWatch, Sept. 6, 2011, 5:19 am EDT. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
|This article about stock exchanges is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|