This article is about the city. For other uses, see Xinghua.
Sipai Tower (四牌楼; 四牌樓), the emblem of the Xinghua Ancient City (兴化古城; 興化古城)
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||2,394.96 km2 (924.70 sq mi)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Xinghua (simplified Chinese: 兴化; traditional Chinese: 興化; pinyin: Xīnghuà) is a county-level city under the administration of Taizhou, Jiangsu province, China. It is located in the central part of Jiangsu Province. It borders the prefecture-level cities of Yancheng to the north and east and Yangzhou to the west.
It has a long history and is the hometown of several famous characters, including Zheng Banqiao, Shi Nai'an, etc.
- Bi Feiyu, fiction writer
- Fan Zhongyan, politician, was once magistrate in Xinghua
- Hou Yifan, chess prodigy, born in Xinghua
- Kong Shangren, Qing dynasty dramatist and poet
- Li Jitong (1897-1961), botanist and phytophysiologist
- Zheng Banqiao, Qing dynasty painter
- Google Inc. "Xinghua". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Xinghua,+Taizhou,+Jiangsufirstname.lastname@example.org,119.8301632,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x35b7231be1851c6d:0x209627d8687341a7. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Taizhou Statistical Yearbook 2012/《泰州统计年鉴2012》.(Chinese) Accessed 9 July 2014.
- China 2010 Census County-by-county Statistics/《中国2010年人口普查分县资料》.(Chinese) Accessed 9 July 2014.
- Buckley Ebrey, Patricia (1993). Chinese Civilization a sourcebook. Simon and Schuster. p. 200.
- 30 Years' Review of China's Science & Technology, 1949-1979 (World Scientific Publishing Co., 1981), p. 283.
- (Chinese) Official Local Government website
- (English) (Chinese) "Illustrated Album of Yangzhou Prefecture", from 1573-1620, has illustrations of Xinghua
|This Jiangsu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|