XploRe is the name of a commercial statistics software, developed by the German software company MD*Tech. XploRe is not sold anymore. The last version, 4.8, is available for download at no cost. The user interacts with the software via the XploRe programming language, which is derived from the C programming language. Single XploRe programs are called Quantlets.
Besides the standard functions for one- and multidimensional data analysis the focus is put on non- and semiparametric modelling and the statistics of financial markets.
- Kernel density estimation and regression (kernel regression)
- Single index models
- Generalized linear and additive models (GLM and GAM)
- Value at risk (VaR) and implied volatilities
XploRe Quantlet Client
With the XploRe Quantlet Client users can run XploRe as Java applet in a web browser. The applet transmits the user commands via a TCP/IP based communication protocol to the XploRe Quantlet Server, which computes the necessary results and sends them back to the client.
This technology is used as well to enrich electronic books  with interactive examples.
- Härdle, Klinke, Müller. XploRe Learning Guide. Springer. ISBN 3-540-66207-3
- Härdle, Klinke, Müller. XploRe Applications Guide. Springer. ISBN 3-540-67545-0