|Genres||Acid jazz, Electrofunk|
|Members||Jens Petter Nilsen
Hallvard Wennersberg Hagen
|This section requires expansion. (July 2008)|
Jens Petter Nilsen and Hallvard Wennersberg Hagen (formerly in Norwegian black metal band Kvist) formed the group in early 1999, and submitted their first demotape in 2000. Their song, "Treat Me Mean, I need the Reputation" became an instant classic when it was released as a 7" on Beatservice Records in 2000. It was later re-released in 2002 on Hospital Records and championed by LTJ Bukem, Coldcut, and Grooverider. Their first album, Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents, was released in 2001 on Beatservice, and re-issued in 2004 by Palm Pictures.
Since the release of The Donca Matic Singalongs album in 2003, they have been busy working with music for short films, movies, and TV- and radio-productions. They have also collaborated with the Kronos Quartet who have performed their three movement composition, The Order of Things: Music for the Kronos Quartet. They have also worked in the collaboration project Piston Ltd who released the album Domestic Engine in 2007. They also have a sideproject The Electones.
Xploding Plastix released a new album in September 2008 entitled Treated Timber Resists Rot on Beatservice Records. This is to be accompanied by a revisited re-release of The Donca Matic Singalongs which was not originally distributed outside of Scandinavia, and a new EP called Devious Dan featuring tracks from previous music videos.
- 2001: Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents, CD/LP (Beatservice Records)
- 2003: The Donca Matic Singalongs, CD/LP (Columbia Records)
- 2004: Amateur Girlfriends, CD/LP (Palm Beats)
- 2008: Treated Timber Resists Rot, CD/LP (Beatservice Records)
- 2009: The Donca Matic Singalongs Revisited, CD/LP (Beatservice Records)
- Singles and EP's
- 2000: Treat me mean, I need the reputation, 7" (Beatservice Records)
- 2001: Doubletalk, EP 12" (Beatservice Records)
- 2001: Behind the Eightball, EP (Beatservice Records)
- 2002: Plastic Surgery LP 3 Sampler side A, 12" (Hospital Records NHS42)
- 2003: The Benevolent Volume Lurkings, EP (Columbia Records)
- 2003: Geigerteller, Single (Sony Music Entertainment, Norway)
- 2004: The Rebop By Proxy EP, EP (Palm Beats)
- 2010: Devious Dan EP, EP (Beatservice Records)
- allmusic - Xploding Plastix - Overview
- "Xploding Plastix". Discography. Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Official website - News, tour dates, etc. High bandwidth/multimedia-intensive
- Xploding Plastix at AllMusic
- Xploding Plastix discography at Discogs
|Recipient of the Elektronika Spellemannprisen
|This article about a Norwegian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|