XSEED redirects here. For the proposed supertall structure see X-Seed 4000.
|Type||Subsidiary of MarvelousAQL Inc.|
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
November 2004 (XSEED Games)
|Headquarters||21515 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 1020
Torrance, CA 90503
|Key people||Jun Iwasaki, Kenzo Nogimura, Ken Berry|
|Products||Video games Marketing, Publisher and Distribution|
|Owner(s)||Shinichi Suzuki (President and CEO)|
Marvelous USA, Inc., formerly XSEED JKS, Inc. (stylized as XSEED Games), a subsidiary of the Marvelous AQL group, is a video game publisher and distributor founded by former members of Square Enix USA. Their goal is to bring high-quality interactive entertainment to the North American market. They provide sales services for video games and related materials, as well as marketing support services mainly for Japanese corporations looking to market general consumer goods on the North American market.
On 2007-05-15, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the acquisition of XSEED JKS, Inc., effective on 2007-05-24, with share transfer before June 2007. The deal was signed on 2007-05-24, and the share transfer was completed on 2007-06-26.
On 2008-05-09, XSEED Games announced that they would be joining forces with Marvelous Entertainment (MMV) to co-publish their games in North America. At E3 2008, MMV USA and XSEED Games distinguished the games that would be co-published under the agreement and the games that XSEED will publish separately.
On 2009-05-01, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced increasing its stake of XSEED JKS, Inc. from 55.0% (486636 shares) to 90.0% (766859 shares) on the day of announcement.
On 2010-05-14, XSEED Games announced its partnership with Japanese publisher and developer Nihon Falcom over publishing Ys SEVEN, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys I & II Chronicles, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky trilogy for PlayStation Portable in North America.
On 2011-10-04, XSEED Games announced the Official XSEED Online Store.
On 2013-03-31, Index Digital Media, Inc.'s ATLUS Online Division online business unit was purchased by MarvelousAQL Inc. and transferred to XSEED JKS, Inc.
On 2013-05-06, XSEED JKS, Inc. announced its renaming of to Marvelous USA, Inc. The XSEED Games brand will continue to be used for console, handheld and PC video games whilst mobile and online social games will be released under the Marvelous Online brand.
XSEED JKS, Inc. era
Marvelous USA, Inc. era
|Rune Factory 4||July 16, 2013||Marvelous AQL||Nintendo 3DS|
|Killer is Dead||August 27, 2013||Grasshopper Manufacture||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta||September 25, 2013||Nihon Falcom Corporation||PlayStation Vita|
- XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得（子会社化）に関するお知らせ
- XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得(子会社化)完了のお知らせ
- Marvelous Entertainment and Xseed Games Announce Co-Publishing Agreement
- Marvelous Entertainment and XSEED Games Announce Co-Publishing Agreement - Strategic Partnership Further Establishes Marvelous Entertainment Publishing Presence as Companies Join Forces to Bring to Market Popular Japanese Video Games
- "Games being shown under the Marvelous and XSEED Games partnership". GameSpy.
- "XSEED Games Announces Wide-Ranging Partnership with Nihon Falcom Strategic Deal Reflects Bringing the Popular Ys and The Legend of Heroes series to North America". XSEED Games.
- Eric Caoili (2010-05-14). "XSeed, Nihon Falcom Partner To Bring Ys, Legend Of Heroes To North America". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- "The dawning of a new age is upon us... The Official XSEED Online Store!". XSEED Games.
- "XSEED Games Announces The Last Story Exclusively for Wii - Highly Anticipated Wii-exclusive Action RPG to be Released for the North American Market". XSEED Games.
- George, Richard. "The Last Story Confirmed for North America". IGN.
- "XSEED Games to Start Publishing on Steam".
- "XSEED Games Releases New Standalone Version of The Last Story to replace the sold-out Premium Launch Edition".
- 当社子会社によるIndex Digital Media,Inc.（米国）のオンラインゲーム事業取得に関するお知らせ
- XSEED JKS, Inc. Becomes Marvelous USA, Inc.
- Xseed JKS Acquires Atlus Online, Renames Itself Marvelous USA
- XSEED JKS, Inc. Becomes Marvelous USA, Inc.
- IGN: Xseed Brings RPGs to PS2
- IGN: Xseed Games profile
- 1UP.com: Planting the SEED
- RPGLAND: Interview with Xseed Games
- RPGamer: Xseed Now 100% More Marvelous
- Joystiq: Grand Knights History no US Release
- NintendoWorldReport: Unchained Blades 3DS release date press release
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|