||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2010)|
|Industry||Information Technology, networking|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California|
|Key people||Mark Leslie, Chairman,
Ashok Krishnamurthi, Vice-Chairman and Founder,
Lloyd Carney, CEO
Xsigo Systems was an information technology and hardware company based in San Jose, California, US. It provided data center network and I/O virtualization software and hardware to companies and enterprises.
Xsigo Systems was founded in August 2004 by three brothers: Ashok Krishnamurthi, R.K. Anand and S.K. Vinod. and Shreyas Shah. The privately held company is based in San Jose, CA and also funded by Kleiner Perkins, Khosla Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners and Greylock Partners. Ashok Krishnamurthi now serves as vice-chairman of the company. Krishnamurthi who has over 20 years of experience in management and engineering, held the positions of Vice President and General Manager of the Infrastructure Product Line at Juniper Networks, prior to Xsigo Systems. Lloyd Carney is the Chief executive officer of the company. Carney was general manager of IBM's Netcool Division, which acquired Micromuse where Carney had been chairman and CEO. Prior to Micromuse, Carney was COO at Juniper Networks and head of three divisions at Nortel Networks, including the Core IP Division, the Wireless Internet Division and the Enterprise Data Divisions.
US Patent #7937447 Granted May 3, 2011 
Xsigo Systems was purchased by Oracle Corporation. The deal was announced at the end of July, 2012 and finalized on September 12, 2012.
Products and services
Xsigo Systems' product, the I/O Director, is a hardware and software device that consolidates data center infrastructure and streamlines server I/O management. Using the Xsigo I/O Director, users provision I/O resources on live servers, without disrupting network and storage configurations, and without physically entering the data center. Xsigo’s I/O virtualization solution replaces a server’s multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel interfaces with a single high-speed Ethernet or InfiniBand link. Multiple virtual Ethernet interfaces (vNICs) and virtual Fibre Channel interfaces (vHBAs) communicate over this link. Virtual interfaces are established using Xsigo’s virtualization hardware and Xsigo’s host drivers. These virtual I/O resources appear to the server’s applications like their traditional I/O card-based counterparts but unlike traditional I/O resources, vNICs and vHBAs can be created as needed and do not require the server to be opened or rebooted.
Xsigo awards and achievements include The Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award in the Network / Internet Technologies category, being named Storage Magazine's Product of the Year in the networking equipment category; also being identified by Byte and Switch as a Top 10 Storage Startup to Watch; also being named by Virtualization Review Magazine as Take Five: Innovative Vendor; and being identified by eWeek as a Top 10 Disruptive New Storage Technology. Xsigo Systems' VP780 I/O Director was also nominated for SYS-CON's Virtualization Journal Readers' Choice Awards for Best Network Virtualization.
- "Computers and Electronic Equipment: Xsigo Systems, Inc.". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Companies> Xsigo Systems". Trade Vibes. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo launches I/O virtualization product". Network World. 09/10/2007. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems – The Next New Data Center Star?". BusinessWeek. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems Poised for Growth, Raises New VC Funding and Experiences Record Growth". Marketwire. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems: Management". Xsigo Systems. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "SOFTBANK TELECOM and Xsigo Systems Demonstrate Automated Solution for Virtual Machine Disaster Recovery". Reuters. May 1, 2008. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Microsoft Virtualization partners : Xsigo Systems". Microsoft. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems Streamlines Operations and Supports Rapid Growth with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems Offers Seven Tips to Leverage Virtual I/O for Greener Data Centers". The Data Center Journal. October 24, 2007. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems Poised for Growth, Raises New VC Funding and Experiences Record Growth". NewsBlaze. June 3, 2009. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Iper Montebello Gets More for Less With Xsigo Virtual I/O". Yahoo! Finance. March 31, 2009. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo Systems Nominated for SYS-CON's "Virtualization Journal Readers' Choice Awards"". SYS-CON Media. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "Xsigo touts I/O Virtualization". The Indian Express. India. Retrieved June 4, 2009.