eMule Xtreme Mod 8.0
|Developer(s)||Before v7.0: Xman
Since v7.0: zz_fly
|Stable release||8.1 (March 4, 2011) [±]|
|Preview release||Non [±]|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||Multilingual (43 languages)|
|Type||Peer-to-peer file sharing|
|License||GNU General Public License|
eMule Xtreme Mod is a free peer-to-peer file sharing application for Microsoft Windows based on eMule, released under the GNU General Public License, coded in Microsoft Visual C++. It connects to the eDonkey network and the Kad network. It is one of the most popular eMule mods (modifications of the original eMule).
The eMule Xtreme Mod project was started in about 2004 by a German programmer "Xman". On January 2005, the project began to host on SourceForge.
Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP) was added to Xtreme 4.5 released on September 27, 2005. It can identify and ban or reduce scores for some leecher mods. Now the DLP is used by some other eMule mods.
Xman couldn't be contacted after he released Xtreme v6.1 on August 2007, his website xtreme-mod.net remained unchanged until late 2010 but is being updated now. The current project is maintained by the Chinese programmer zz_fly, who took over the project since Xtreme 6.1.
- Maella Bandwidthcontrol, calculates the real Overhead
- NAFC (network adapter feedback control)
- Advanced Uploadbandwidththrottler with adjustable slotspeed
- Xtreme Downloadmanager for a clever source-handling
- Improved Xtreme-Creditsystem
- Powerrelease with dynamic Hide OS, to release files faster
- Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP), protects from leecher-mods
- Multi-threaded disc access
- Universal Plug and Play support (UPnP) for automatic router configuration
Dynamic Leecher Protection
Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP) aims to protect clients from leecher-mods, this feature is applied by some of other eMule mods like: MagicAngel, X-Ray, NeoMule, CN, etc. and mods based on Xtreme, such as ScarAngel, Mephisto and Dreamule. Some or all versions of Xunlei, Vagaa, Tuotu, FlashGet, BitComet and other suspected leechers or GPL-breakers are in the blacklist of Xtreme's DLP library.
Chinese VeryCD easyMule implements DLP but uses its own modified source-closed library file. They removed Xunlei from the blacklist, and have wrongfully banned Xtreme, MorphXT and some other eMule Mods twice.
References and notes
- "eMule Xtreme Mod Homepage". zz_fly. 2011-03-04. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- Xtreme mod is one of the most downloaded eMule mods on SourceForge, see "SourceForge.net: All-Time Top Downloads". Retrieved 2009-09-19. It gets highest points from emule-mods.de, see "emule-mods.de". Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- See the readme file of Xtreme Mod.
- "Xtreme FAQ" (in Chinese). eMule Fans. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- "VC的DLP对迅雷放行引发论坛骚乱". hupisha (in Chinese). Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "VeryCD承认此次DLP为误杀Xtreme" (in Chinese). 2008-11-23. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- "VeryCD公司DLP再次大面积误杀Xtreme等正规Mod" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- Official Site
- Xtreme on SourceForge.net
- Xtreme on emule-mods.de
- Xtreme on GoogleCode
- Xtreme on Official eMule-Board
- Xtreme on eMule Fans (Chinese)