|Native name||柳楽 優弥|
March 26, 1990 |
Yuya Yagira (柳楽 優弥 Yagira Yūya?, born March 26, 1990) is a Japanese actor. His portrayal of 12-year-old Akira in the highly acclaimed Nobody Knows won him a Best Actor Award at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.
He was hospitalized on August 29, 2008 for a drug overdose, with early reports calling it a suicide attempt. Yagira later denied that he had was trying to kill himself, noting that he was the one who called an ambulance after he began feeling ill from taking the pills. According to his blog:
"The incident followed an argument with my family. In a fit of anger I took a larger than usual dosage of my prescription tranquilizers.
As a result I felt ill and asked for an ambulance to be called."
On January 15, 2010, Yuya Yagira married TV personality Ellie Toyota at Tokyo's Meiji Shrine. They registered their marriage on January 14.
- Nobody Knows (2004)
- Shining Boy and Little Randy (2005)
- Sugar and Spice (2006)
- The Bandage Club (2007)
- The Shock Labyrinth 3D (2009)
- All to the Sea (2010)
- Under the Nagasaki Sky (2013)
- Unforgiven (2013)
- Crows Explode (TBA)
- Denchi ga Kireru Made (2003)
- Kunimitsu no Matsuri (2003)
- Bradshaw, Peter (5 November 2004). "Nobody Knows - Reviews - guardian.co.uk". The Guardian.
- Schilling, Mark (22 January 2010). "'Subete wa Umi ni Naru'". The Japan Times.
- Young, Deborah (23 June 2013). "Under the Nagasaki Sky (Nagasaki no sora): Shanghai Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Yagira Yuya Denies Suicide Attempt". Japan Zone - Entertainment. Japan Zone. 1 September 2008. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Yuuya Yagira Denies Alleged Suicide Attempt Reports". Anime News Network. 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "Yagira Yuya, Ellie Toyota Wed". Japan Zone - Entertainment News. Japan Zone. 15 January 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Festival de Cannes: Nobody Knows". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 11 November 2009.
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|