Y.W.C.A. Hioe Tjo Yoeng College
Y.W.C.A. Hioe Tjo Yoeng College (Traditional Chinese: 基督教女青年會丘佐榮中學) is a government-aided, English Medium Instruction (EMI), grammar school established in 1971. It is run under the sponsorship of Hong Kong Young Women's Christian Association and the donation from Mr. Hioe Tjo Yoeng for the foundation.
Think Critically & be Moral
To promote, in the Christian spirit, the all-round development of students, in their moral, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic and spiritual aspects, so that they may have a sound character and the spirit of fellowship, serving the community and contributing to the betterment of mankind.
As of 2007, there are more than 800 students enrolled at Hioe Tjo Yoeng College. There are four classes from Secondary 1 through Secondary 4 and three classes in Secondary 5. Meanwhile HTYC is expanding, there will be four classes from Secondary 1 through Secondary 5 by 2007-2008. At present, Secondary 4 and 5 will expand to two Arts classes and Science classes. Secondary 6 and 7 have together 120 students with each level divided into 2 classes, namely one Arts class and one Science class.
- Mr Vincent Pang: TVB News Reporter
- Ms Mandy Tam: Former member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong
- Mr Jase Ho: Singer; Member of C AllStar
- Ms Chintung Tse: Online Singer-songwriter
- Mr Charles Ng: Saxophonist
- Prof. Dorothy S.P. Fan: Former Professor of the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong; Specialist in Ophthalmology of Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital; The Ten Outstanding Young Persons' Award in 2004
- Dr. Wat Wai Ho: Director of Love Song Family Counselling & Training Association; Family Therapist
- Dr. Wendy Wong: Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care, The University of Hong Kong; Registered Chinese medicine practitioner
|This Hong Kong education topic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|