Y. N. Sukthankar
|Y N Sukthankar|
|2nd Secretary of the Cabinet
2nd Cabinet Secretary of India
|Prime Minister||Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Preceded by||N. R. Pillai|
|Succeeded by||M. K. Vellodi|
Sukthankar was a member of the Indian Civil Service. He was a part of the Finance and Commerce Pool, comprising specialist civil servants, that was constituted at the level of the Government of India during the Second World War. Sukthankar was a specialist in international trade and he went on to serve as Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and as Cabinet Secretary of India from May 14, 1953 to July 31, 1957. He also served as secretary of the Planning Commission of India that formulated India's Second Five Year Plan.
- "Finance and Commerce Pool — An old-is-gold idea". Hindu Businessline. December 02, 2006. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Exchange of Letters regarding Trade". Ministry of External Affairs. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Our Governors". Raj Bhavan, Government of Orisaa, Bhubaneshwar. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Cabinet Secretaries Since 1950". Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, New Delhi. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "2nd Five year Plan". Planning Commission, Yojna Bhavan , Government of India, New Delhi. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "dated June 12, 1957: New Governor of AP". The Hindu. June 12, 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Orissa Legislative Assembly". Lok Sabha Secretariat, Government of India, New Delhi. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
 External Links
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|