Y Clwb Rygbi
|Y Clwb Rygbi|
Y Clwb Rygbi Logo
|Country of origin||Wales|
The show is presented by Gareth Roberts, analysis is provided by Brynmor Williams, commentary is provided by Huw Llywelyn Davies and former Wales captain Gwyn Jones. Sarra Elgan is the touchline reporter, as was Ray Gravell until his death in October 2007.
Three main rugby union competitions are broadcast live on Y Clwb Rygbi as of the 2006–07 season. The RaboDirect Pro12 and LV= Cup are the two domestic competitions shown whilst the Six Nations Championship is broadcast under the title Y Clwb Rygbi Rhyngwladol (The International Rugby Club). Other international matches involving Wales are also shown on Y Clwb Rygbi. Highlights of the Principality Premiership and the Konica Minolta Cup are shown, with the final of the Konica Minolta Cup being televised live.
During Magners League weekends, live games are usually shown on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
The other rugby union competitions which S4C have the rights to show are broadcast as separate programmes, namely Cwpan Heineken for Heineken Cup. These programmes share some presenters and commentators.
Y Clwb Rygbi 13
A spin off from Y Clwb Rygbi was announced on 30 May 2007 when S4C announced that they would cover four Celtic Crusaders rugby league matches live. The coverage started on Saturday 9 June 2007 when the Crusaders hosted Barrow Raiders at the Brewery Field at 6.30 pm. They eventually showed nine matches over two years.
- "Ofcom Review of Public Service Television Broadcasting – Phase 3 Report A BBC Response". OFCOM. Retrieved 30 October 2006.
- "BBC wins at Welsh Baftas". British Broadcasting Corporation. 1 May 2000. Retrieved 30 October 2006.
- Leah Oatway (23 January 2006). "Welsh Baftas mark Rhodri's return". Wales on Sunday (Media Wales). Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "S4C wins top TV sports award". onlineWales Internet. 22 May 2002. Retrieved 30 October 2006.
- S4C to screen live coverage of Celtic Crusaders