Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||Elred Kumar
|Music by||Prasad SN|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|May 9, 2014|
Yaamirukka Bayamey is a 2014 Indian Tamil horror comedy film written and directed by debutant Deekay and produced by Elred Kumar. The cast includes Kreshna, Rupa Manjari, Karuna, Oviya and Anaswara Kumar. 15 technicians were introduced in the film, which started shooting in Nainital in October. Previously titled as Illa Aanalum Irukku, the film released on 9 May 2014  and received positive reviews. The film was later remade into Kannada as Namo Boothatma.
Kiran (Kreshna) is a television telemarketer, who gets into trouble after one of his products has an opposite effect than what was intended, on the son of a local thug. That is also precisely the moment when he discovers that his ‘real’ father left him a bungalow on an estate in a small town. He cons the son of the don, escapes with the money along with his girlfriend Smitha (Rupa Manjari), renovates the run down mansion into a hotel with the help of a local caretaker Sharath (Karunakaran) who was under the care of Kiran's father before and his bombshell sister Saranya (Oviya). Customers begin trickling in, but strangely most of them wind up dead. Baffled, Kiran tries to uncover the mystery behind the deaths, which eventually leads him to believe that the house is haunted. His suspicions are confirmed when things start going awry in the house, indicating some supernatural presence and when he discovers that the people who checked in to his hotel were all previous owners of the land and interestingly all dead themselves. They soon go to seek help from brother Adaikalam, who is actually a cheat. They kidnap him and bring him to the house. The foursome catch an old man inside the house assuming he is a thief. However, the old man says that he and the others will die if they leave the hotel. He narrates that the house was haunted by a ghost - Mohini (Anaswara Kumar) who would kill the owner of the house. Soon the ghost starts to possess the people in the house and attacks Kiran. The gang is finally cornered with no chance of escape. It is said that they would die by midnight. Hearing someone banging on the door, Kiran opens the door to find the don, his son and his thugs. The don asks for the house in return for the money he conned from him. Feeling pity for them, Kiran warns them about the spirit. Not listening to Kiran, the don forces him to sign the papers for the house. Kiran and his friends are let go and they see the spirits of the previous owners on their way out. Just as they go out, they find the don and his thugs outside. Knowing that the ghost has killed the don's group since it is midnight, Kiran and his group walk away.
- Kreshna as Kiran
- Rupa Manjari as Smitha
- Karunakaran as Sharath
- Oviya as Sharanya
- Aadhav Kannadasan as Young Thamizh 
- Anaswara Kumar as Mohini
- Mayilswamy as Adaikalam
- Bose Venkat as Arunachalam
- Namo Narayana
- Nalinikanth as Old Thamizh
- Mahanadhi Shankar as Don Durai
- Sona Heiden as herself
- Devipriya as Arunachalam's wife
The Hindu called the film "a surprisingly well-made ‘horror-comedy’ that succeeds in continuously exploiting our irrational fear of the unknown even while nudging us to laugh at it...this is a fun summer film and should work regardless of whether one believes in the supernatural or not". Sify wrote, "Yaamirukka Bayamey is something different within the commercial format and provides potent dose of laughs to release the tension built up by the scares". Indiaglitz.com wrote, "The film, no doubt, is a compelling entertainer...with Yaamirukka Bayamey, debutante Deekay has secured a place for himself in the competitive industry". The Times of India gave it 3 stars out of 5 and wrote, "The horror genre's mandatory elements are all here...but Deekay nicely subverts some of these cliches...Also, he doesn't try to spoof the genre's tropes to elicit laughs but chooses to bring out the humour in other ways. It is this confidence that makes the film work". Rediff gave 2.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "A clever script, good all round performances along with excellent support from the technical team make Deekay’s Yaamirukka Bayamey definitely worth a watch". Deccan Chronicle wrote, "Some cheap thrills, enough screams, a whole lot of clichés with some laughs thrown in for good measure. With all the right elements in place, Yaamirukka Bayamey delivers what is expected of it".
Music director SN Prasad received good reviews for his music for which he has given the credit to all his mentors including the director, producers and support staff.
In its opening weekend the film grossed over ₹32 lakh at the Chennai box office  and approximately ₹2.42 crore from 262 screens in Tamil Nadu,. Due to positive reviews and word-of-mouth the collections picked up and by the end of first week the film had grossed around ₹5.25 crore.
- `Yaamirukku Bayamey` is a super hit!
- "Title change for Kreshna, Roopa Manjari film - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-01-24. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "RS Infotainment to encourage young blood". Sify.com. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- TNN Nov 3, 2013, 11.49AM IST. "'Illa Aanalum Irukku' first look - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "RS Infotainment's latest movie is titled Illa Aanalum Irukku". Behindwoods.com. 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Kreshna, Oviya shoot in Nainital - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Friday Fury – May 9!". Sify.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- May 11, 2014 13:59 GMT. "'Yaamirukka Bayamey' Review Roundup: Worth a Watch". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Aadhav Kannadhasan does a cameo in 'Illa Aanalum Irukku'". Deccan Chronicle. Nov 6, 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Yaamirukka Bayamey sold to Zee Thamizh". Sify. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- udhav naig. "Yaamirukka Bayamey: Busting ghosts". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Movie Review : Yaamirukka Bayamey". Sify.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Yaamirukka Bayamey Tamil Movie Review - cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". Indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Yaamirukka Bayamey movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Review: Yaamirukka Bayamey is a hilarious tale of horror - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Movie review ‘Yaamirukka Bayamey’: Never fear even if ghosts are near". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "SN Prasad excited about Yaamirukka Bayamey - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- Box Office Collection: 'Vallavanukku Pullum Aayudham', 'Yaamirukka Bayamey' and Other Tamil Films IB Times
- 'Yaamirukka Bayamey' rocks TN box-office
- Chennai Box-Office – May 9 to 11 - Sify.com
- Chennai Box-Office – May 16 to 18 - Sify.com