||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2010)|
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (November 2010)|
Yahoo! Labs is a division of Yahoo! responsible for research into the science of the Internet and creating the next generation of businesses for Yahoo!. Yahoo! Labs scientists and engineers concentrate on computer science, ranking, machine learning, microeconomics (such as mechanism design and auction theory), human computer interaction, sociology and information retrieval, among others. Yahoo! Labs was led by Dr. Prabhakar Raghavan who has been replaced by Dr. Ron Brachman.
Yahoo! Labs is organized into five areas of focus:
Yahoo! Labs is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA; it has six additional locations worldwide: Barcelona, Spain; Santiago, Chile; New York; Haifa, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Yahoo! Labs’ Research group is divided into five teams:
- Search and Web Mining
- Machine Learning
- Microeconomics and Social Systems
- Computational Advertising
- Web Information Management.
- "Yahoo! Labs" http://labs.yahoo.com
- "Yahoo! Research" http://www.research.yahoo.com
- "Yahoo! Labs Advertising Sciences" http://labs.yahoo.com/Advertising_Sciences
- "Yahoo! Labs Audience Sciences" http://labs.yahoo.com/Audience_Sciences
- "Yahoo! Labs Search Sciences" http://labs.yahoo.com/Search_Sciences
- "Yahoo! Labs Academic Relations" http://labs.yahoo.com/Academic_Relations
- "Yahoo! Labs Search and Web Mining" http://research.yahoo.com/Search_and_Web_Mining
- "Yahoo! Labs Machine Learning" http://research.yahoo.com/Machine_Learning
- "Yahoo! Labs Economics and Social Systems" http://research.yahoo.com/Econ_and_Social_Sys
- "Yahoo! Labs Computational Advertising" http://research.yahoo.com/Computational_Advertising
- "Yahoo! Labs Web Information Management" http://research.yahoo.com/Web_Information_Management