Yair Tauman (born January 20, 1948) is a Professor of Economics at State University of New York, Stony Brook and the Director of the Stony Brook Center for Game Theory. He studied at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem where he obtained his B.Sc. in Mathematics and Statistics and M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Mathematics, the latter two under the supervision of Robert Aumann. His areas of research interests are game theory and industrial organization. He has published, among others, in Econometrica, Games and Economic Behavior, Journal of Economic Theory, Quarterly Journal of Economics and RAND Journal of Economics.
Tauman has been the organizer of the longest and most established series of International Summer Conferences in Game Theory (for over 25 years)  and has been on the Faculty at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management and served as the dean of the business school at the Interdisciplinary Center in Hertziya, Israel. Since 2009 he has served as the academic director of the Zell entrepreneurship program in the Interdisciplinary Center in Hertziya.
- "The Existence of Non-Diagonal Axiomatic Values" (1976) (with A. Neyman) Mathematics of Operations Research Vol. 1, pp. 246–250.
- "A Non-Diagonal Value on a Reproducing Space" (1977) Mathematics of Operations Research Vol. 2, pp. 331–337.
- "Values on a Class of Non-Differentiable Market Games" (1981) International Journal of Game Theory Vol. 10, pp. 155–162.
- "The Continuity of the Aumann-Shapley Price Mechanism" (1982) (with L. Mirman) Journal of Mathematical Economics Vol. 9, pp. 235–249.
- "The Determination of the Marginal Cost Prices under a Set of Axioms" (1982) (with D. Samet) Econometrica Vol. 50, pp. 895–909.
- "Supportability, Sustainability and Subsidy Free Prices" (1985) (with L. Mirman & I. Zang) Rand Journal of Economics Vol. 16, pp. 114–126.
- "Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent" (1986) (with M. Kamien) Quarterly Journal of Economics Vol. 101, pp. 471–491.
- "Incentive-Compatible Cost-Allocation Schemes" (1994) (with D. Schmeidler) Journal of Economic Theory Vol. 63, pp. 189–207.
- "A Model of Multiple Product Price Competition" (1997) (with A. Urbano & J. Watanabe) Journal of Economic Theory Vol. 77, pp. 377–401.
- "The Shapley Value of a Patent Licensing Game: The Asymptotic Equivalence to Non-cooperative Results" (2007) (with N. Watanabe) Economic Theory Vol. 31, pp. 135–149.
- "General Licensing Schemes for a Cost-Reducing Innovation" (2007) (with D. Sen) Games and Economic Behavior, Vol. 59, pp. 163–186.
- The Summer Festival in Game Theory, held annually at Stony Brook.
-  TA professor leads way to $37M profit on QXL trading
-  Izaki group makes $270M on QXL sale
-  ADVFN names Yair Tauman Non-Executive Director
-  Bank Hapoalim directors
- My Sister Tikva Go 2 Films
- `Tikvah' tops at festival, Clevland Jewish News, Nov 7, 2011.
- TEDx Talk By Yair Tauman