Yakima Air Terminal
|Yakima Air Terminal
|USGS 2006 orthophoto|
|IATA: YKM – ICAO: KYKM – FAA LID: YKM|
|Owner||City of Yakima|
|Elevation AMSL||1,099 ft / 335 m|
FAA airport diagram
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Yakima Air Terminal (IATA: YKM, ICAO: KYKM, FAA LID: YKM) (McAllister Field) is a public airport three miles south of Yakima, in Yakima County, Washington. Owned by the city and county, it is used for general aviation but is served by a commercial airline.
This airport is in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which called it as a primary commercial service airport. Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 69,835 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 60,028 in 2009 and 53,832 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Yakima Air Terminal covers 825 acres (334 ha) at an elevation of 1,099 feet (335 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt runways: 9/27 is 7,604 by 150 feet (2,318 x 46 m) and 4/22 is 3,835 by 150 feet (1,169 x 46 m).
In the year ending January 1, 2012 the airport had 45,856 aircraft operations, an average of 125 per day: 79% general aviation, 11% air taxi, 5% military, and 4% scheduled commercial. 162 aircraft were then based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 3% jet, and 1% helicopter.
The airport is also home to Cub Crafters, a manufacturer of light sport and light utility aircraft.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled airline passenger service is available to:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Seattle/Tacoma|
- FAA Airport Master Record for YKM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (YKM: Yakima Air Terminal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "FAA Contract Tower Closure List". American Association of Airport Executives. March 22, 2013.
- "FAA: 149 control towers to close at small airports". USA Today. March 22, 2013.
- Yakima Air Terminal - McAllister Field, official site
- McAllister Field at WSDOT Aviation
- Aerial image as of July 1996 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective March 6, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Yakima Air Terminal (YKM), effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: