Аэропорт Якутск / Дьокуускай Аэропорт
|IATA: YKS – ICAO: UEEE|
|Operator||Yakutsk Airport State Enterprise|
|Elevation AMSL||99 m / 325 ft|
Sakha Republic in Russia
Yakutsk Airport (Sakha: Дьокуускай Аэропорт, Russian: Аэропо́рт Яку́тск) (IATA: YKS, ICAO: UEEE) is an airport in Yakutsk, Russia. It has one runway ( an older runway serves as a parking area for disused aircraft) and has a capacity of 700 passengers per hour.
Construction of the airport started in 1931 and was used as a stopover on the ALSIB Alaska-Siberia air route for American planes flying to Europe during World War II. The present international terminal was built in 1996. The airport serves as a diversion airport on Polar route 4.
Yakutsk has another, smaller airport at Magan.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On 4 February 2010, Yakutia Airlines Flight 425, operated by Antonov An-24 RA-47360 suffered an engine failure on take-off for Olyokminsk Airport. During the subsequent landing, the nose and port main undercarriage were retracted, causing substantial damage to the aircraft.
- Airport information for UEEE at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport information for Yakutsk Airport at Search (for) Travel website.
- Boeing-conducted Airport safety and operational assessments
- New Cross-Polar Routes
- "Summer timetable Vladivostok Air". Vladivostok Air. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "РАСПИСАНИЕ" (PDF). Angara Airlines. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "S7 Flight Schedule". S7 Airlines. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Авиакомпания «Якутия» восстанавливает авиаперелеты в Читу". ОАО «Авиакомпания «Якутия». Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Авиакомпания "Якутия" открыла новый рейс Якутск – Екатеринбург". YSIA. Yakutian Sakha Information Agency. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Hradecky, Simon. "Accident: Yakutia AN24 at Yakutsk on Feb 4th 2010, rejected takeoff, presumably early gear retraction". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Article on Yakutsk Airport
- Airport information for UEEE at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport Yakutsk Aviateka.Handbook