Tenure with the Baltimore Orioles
|Samsung Lions – No. 12|
October 31, 1987 |
San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|August 20, 2010 for the Boston Red Sox|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||20|
Yamaico Navarro Pérez (born October 31, 1987) is a Dominican professional baseball infielder in the Samsung Lions club of Korea Baseball Organization. He has played in Major League Baseball for the Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Baltimore Orioles.
Boston Red Sox
Navarro was born in San Pedro de Macorís and signed by scout Pablo Lantigua. He began his professional career in 2006, with the DSL Red Sox. He hit .279 in 53 games. The following year, he played for the Lowell Spinners, hitting .289 in 62 games. In 2008, Navarro played for the Greenville Drive (83 games) and Lancaster JetHawks (42 games), hitting a combined .304 with 11 home runs in 125 games. In 2009, he played for the Spinners (five games), Salem Red Sox (23 games) and Portland Sea Dogs (39 games), hitting a combined .240 in 67 games. Navarro hit .275 with 11 home runs for the Sea Dogs (88 games) and Pawtucket Red Sox (16 games) prior to his August 20, 2010, call-up.
Navarro was added to the Red Sox 40 man roster and called up on August 20, 2010, when Dustin Pedroia went on the disabled list. Navarro made his Major League debut against the Toronto Blue Jays that same day.
Kansas City Royals
Navarro was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates following the 2011 season in exchange for Brooks Pounders and Diego Goris. On July 4, 2012, Navarro was arrested for driving under the influence in Indianapolis. Navarro was released after spending one night in jail. On August 16, 2012, Navarro was called up after Neil Walker was injured during a game against the Dodgers.
- Lee, Tony (August 20, 2010). "Dustin Pedroia Placed Back on Disabled List With Pain in Foot, Yamaico Navarro Called up". Nesn.com. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Red Sox acquire Mike Aviles ESPN.com, July 30, 2011
- Royals make the call to promote Giavotella MLB.com, August 5, 2011
- [dead link]
- Biertempfel, Rob (July 5, 2012). "Pirates’ Navarro arrested for DUI".
- "Pirates acquire Medina in exchange for Navarro". November 30, 2012.
- "MLB hot stove: Yankees sign infielder Yamaico Navarro". NJ.com. November 21, 2013. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "Yamaico Navarro de Yankees jugará en Corea - ESPN: Deportes". Espndeportes.espn.go.com. January 1, 2008. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)