Yamhill High Flyers
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. (May 2009)|
|Yamhill High Flyers|
|Team history||Yamhill HighFlyers
|Based in||McMinnville, Oregon|
|Colors||dark red, gold, blue|
|Owner(s)||YHF Entertainment, LLC|
|Head coach||Bubba Jones|
The Yamhill HighFlyers were an International Basketball League team based in McMinnville, Oregon. It was the first professional sports franchise of Yamhill County, Oregon. The team was founded by owner/general manager Eric Bailey in 2009 and was operated by YHF Entertainment, LLC. The High Flyers worked to gain the support of local business and offer opportunities for local athletes. The team did not field a team in 2013. The voice of the HighFlyers was the local radio personality Brian Eriksen, games were carried on local radio station KLYC 1260AM.
The HighFlyers played an abbreviated four game schedule in 2009 for their branding year. Home games were played on Thursday May 28 against Japan's Nippon Tornadoes and on Friday June 26 against the Vancouver BC Titans. Both games were played at Patton Middle School in McMinnville, Oregon.
Following the abbreviated 2009 branding season, the HighFlyers played a full 20 game schedule in 2010. These games were split between being played at McMinnville High School and Linfield College's Ted Wilson Gym. The team made it to the IBL semi-finals, losing to the Bellingham Slam, and falling just short of playing in the IBL Championship. Four HighFlyers were named IBL All-Stars: Jason Hartford, Curtis Nash, Durrell Nevels, and Nate Bowie. Roughly half of the Yamhill team went on to sign professional basketball contracts in Europe.
The HighFlyers returned to play another abbreviated season in 2012. The 2012 Schedule:
|Date||Away Team||@||Home Team|
|Friday, June 8||HighFlyers||@||Edmonton Energy|
|Saturday, June 9||HighFlyers||@||Edmonton Energy|
|Friday, June 15||Japan Nippon Tornadoes||@||HighFlyers|
|Friday, June 22||Vancouver Volcanoes||@||HighFlyers|
|Saturday, June 23||Highflyers||@||Bellingham Slam|
- http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3801260"Weekly Sports Report". April 7, 2009.
- "IBL Team Coming to Yamhill County". Yamhill Valley News Register. March 2009.
- "IBL Team Gaining Sponsors". Yamhill Valley News Register. December 5, 2008.
- "2013". Standings. International Basketball League. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Yamhill High Flyers". International Basketball League. April 2009.
- "High Flyers to face Japanese team in IBL home debut at Patton". Yamhill News Register. May 27, 2009.
- Cite news|url=http://www.ibl.com/schedule.php