|Yamuna Express highway|
|यमुना द्रुतगामी महामार्ग/तीव्रगामी महामार्ग|
|Length:||165.00 km (102.53 mi)|
|Existed:||9 August 2012 – present|
Yamuna Expressway (Hindi: यमुना द्रुतगामीमार्ग) is a 6-lane (extendable to 8 lanes), 165 km long, controlled-access expressway, connecting Greater Noida with Agra in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is India's longest six-lane controlled-access expressway stretch. The total project cost was 128.39 billion (US$2.0 billion).
The expressway project concept was proposed by former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Mayawati, its construction began in December 2007, completed about two years ahead of its original target completion date, and inaugurated on 9 August 2012 by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The expressway starts from Greater Noida and ends at Kuberpur on NH 2 towards Kanpur and Agra. In addition, a total of 13 service roads of about 168 km have been built for local commuters to access the expressway.
The Taj Expressway project was announced in 2001 by Rajnath Singh, then UP Chief Minister. It was conceived with the idea of reducing the travel time between Delhi and Agra. But the project could not start because of a change of government in the state in 2003. The project was reactivated in 2007 when Mayawati regained power and was renamed Yamuna Expressway.
Yamuna Expressway Project was implemented by Jaypee Group. In May 2012, Jaypee Group informed state government officials that construction of the expressway had been completed. The Yamuna Expressway was formally inaugurated on 9 August 2012 by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, via videoconference from Lucknow, about two years behind of its original target completion date.
- Length - 165 km
- Right of Way - 100 mt.
- Number of Lane - 6 lanes (extendable to 8 lanes)
- Type of Pavement - Rigid (Concrete)
- Interchange - 7
- Main Toll Plaza - 5
- Toll Plaza on Interchange Loop - 7
- Underpass - 35
- Rail Over Bridge - 1
- Major Bridge - 1
- Minor Bridge - 42
- Cart Track Crossing - 68
- Culverts -
- Vehicular Underpasses - 70
The Yamuna Expressway has SOS booths along the route besides a toll free helpline. CCTV cameras are installed every 5 km along the expressway for safety and accident assistance; mobile radars to monitor compliance with minimum and maximum speed limits; and one highway patrol every 25 km. The Expressway is expected to be used by over 100,000 vehicles every day, and reduce travel times between Greater Noida and Agra from 4 hours to 100 minutes. Petrol pump at the halfway point at Tappal is open. Tappal 60 km. from noida sec. 37 i.e. botanical garden or noida city center.
The Expressway was developed in three phases:
- Phase I: Expressway Stretch between Greater Noida & proposed Taj International Aviation Hub (near village Jewar on the southern tip of Dist. Gautam Budh Nagar).
- Phase II: Expressway Stretch between proposed Taj International Aviation Hub and an intermediate destination between proposed Taj International Aviation Hub & Agra.
- Phase IV: Expressway Stretch between intermediate destination & Agra.
The speed limit on the expressway is 100 km/h for vehicles. The right most lane on the expressway is reserved for overtaking only.
Upcoming Residential Project Yamuna Expressway has become most preferred for Builders and developers. Many reputed builders are bringing residential project at Yamuna Expressway.
Toll will be charged at three points - at 38 km, 95 km and 150 km from Greater Noida. Cars and jeeps will be charged Rs 2.10/km and mini-buses Rs 3.23/km as toll. Buses and Trucks will pay Rs. 6.60/km. Charges for heavy vehicles will be Rs. 10.10/km. A summary table of toll rates is as below:
|Vehicle Category||Till Tappal||Till Mathura||Till Agra||For Round Trip|
|7+ axle Vehicle||600||1400||2100||3360|
All figures in Indian Rupees.
- Round trip charges are 1.6 time of one way toll within 24 hours.round of 5000
- Special discounts for vehicles using the expressway more than 19 times in a month.
A 285-km Agra Lucknow Expressway Project is proposed with estimation budget of Rs.15,000 crore which would extend YEA to lucknow enabling fast transit. Agra-Lucknow Expressway will extend the Yamuna Expressway in Agra on Firozabad road, touch the proposed (under consideration) international airport at Tundla and also connect to the proposed Sanjay Khan project of a theme park of seven cities.
Metro connectivity to Yamuna Expressway has got a green signal from the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA). The metro rail will run from the proposed metro station at Pari Chowk till Yamuna Expressway Sector 18 and 20. These are the 1st inhabited sectors urbanized by the authority and at present are under construction. 
- National Expressway 2 (India), Eastern Peripheral Expressway or KGP (Sonipat(kundli)-Ghaziabad-Palwal) is a proposed road which will bypass Delhi on eastern side.
- Western Peripheral Expressway, a complementary and under implementation road bypassing Delhi from western side, Sonepat-Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP).
- Agra Lucknow Expressway 285 km long
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Companies News : Yamuna Expressway is ready, says Jaypee Infra". Thehindubusinessline.com.
- "Yamuna Expressway opens, one-way toll Rs 320, free ride till Aug 15 - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 9 August 2012.
- "Yamuna expressway to become operational this month". The Times of India. 7 April 2012.
- "Yamuna Expressway - Jaypee Infrastructure Annual Report 2011".
- "Expressway ready: Jaypee team tells UP officials". 9 May 2012.
- "Yamuna e-way opens on Aug 9". The Times of India. 3 August 2012.
- "Facts About Yamuna Expressway |". Projectsjugaad.com. 13 May 2011.
- "Salient Features of the Yamuna Expressway Project | Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority". Yamunaexpresswayauthority.com.
- "About Us | Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority". Yamunaexpresswayauthority.com. 24 April 2001.
- "Yamuna Expressway: From Dec, zoon to Agra at 120kmph". The Times of India. 9 November 2011.
- "Upcoming Residential Project at Yamuna Expressway". Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Toll rates for Yamuna expressway". Times of India. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Infrastructure Progress to Shove Yamuna Expressway Realty http://www.crcadvisor.com/crc-news/infrastructure-progress-to-shove-yamuna-expressway-realty.htm