|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2010)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Yamuna Vihar is a locality in North-East Delhi. It has emerged as posh area and a prime locality in that part of Delhi. It houses the zonal headquarters (north east) of the Directorate of Education, Delhi. Yamuna Vihar is near to Shahdara & about 1 km from Maujpur and 1 km from Bhajanpura areas. Kashmiri Gate ISBT is around 6 km, Anand Vihar around 7 km, Delhi University (north campus), 7 km & Connaught Place around 20 min and 30 min drive respectively from Yamuna Vihar,(Shiv Vihar,Joharipur) 2 km in Yamuna Vihar.
It comprises blocks B-1 to B-5 & C-1 to C-12 and D-block known as Noor-e-Ilahi because a Mosque is situated there in block-D. Each block has a market of its own apart from a central Vardhman Complex. It has all the basic amenities maintained to a sufficiently pleasing level to meet the demands of the residents. Children's playgrounds, parks and parking lots are present in each of its blocks.
Yamuna Vihar is a major educational hub for north east Delhi. It has Bhim Rao Ambedkar College of Delhi University. Apart from this it has several training & coaching institutes offering courses in computer applications, engineering & medical entrance exams, call centre coaching, English speaking, commerce etc. like NIIT, APTECH, CIA, OASIS, British School of Languages etc.
Ram Lila Ground (Hanuman Vatika) attracts people not only from Yamuna Vihar but also from nearby colonies during the Dussehra festival celebrations.
Rath Wala Mandir, Arya Samaj Mandir, Jain Mandir,Siddarth Temple & Shri Peepleshwar mahadev Mandir (Sai Temple) are major temples for the residents. Apart from this a Gurudwara, a Mosque & many other temples add to the religious aspect of the colony. aggarwal dharamshala, Brahmin samaj dharamshala and community centers are also there.
There are lot of parks in Yamuna Vihar. Some of the parks are dedicated to the usage of women (e.g. Mahila Park) and old age people. These parks do play a big role in making Yamuna Vihar a green and beautiful area.
On the flip side, in past two years there have been lot of thefts happening in this area. This is primarily due to lack of Police patrolling and monitoring.
Amongst its nearby areas, Yamuna Vihar is the only well-planned locality. Transportation from Yamua Vihar to Yamuna river crossing is messed up and need to be improved. One of the steps taken by the state government to improve transportation is the upcoming Signature Bridge, which is only at a distance of 4 km (2.5 mi).
At present, the nearest metro stations are Shahdara & Seelampur.
Next upcoming routes are
- Yamuna Vihar - Mukundpur (longest line once completed) - Mukundpur - Roujouri Garden (interchange station) - Dhaula Khuan - Anand Vihar (interchange station) - Yamuna Vihar. This corridor is 56 km in length and has 36 stations with 10 interchange stations on the way. It covers a large area, from localities in Mukundpur and Shalimar Bagh to Moti Nagar and Nariana, ultimately connecting it to Bhikaji Cama Place and South Extension and Lajpat Nagar. Then the line turns towards Hazrat Nizamuddin and then on to Mayur Vihar. Here, it goes through Trilokpuri and Vinod Nagar before winding to IP Extension. The line then again takes a turn and moves towards Anand Vihar, Jagatpuri, Azad Nagar, and on to Welcome, Jaffrabad and Maujpur to end in Yamuna Vihar.
- Central Secretariat - Mandi House - Daryaganj - Welcome - YAMUNA VIHAR - Nawada (Ghaziabad) = 18 km. This phase has a 2015 deadline.
- Sarai Kale Khan ISBT - Anand Vihar - Dilshad Garden - YAMUNA VIHAR - Sonia Vihar = 22 km. This phase has a 2020 deadline.
- SANCHAR HAAT, MTNL DELHI.
- MTNL TELEPHONE EXCHANGE, YAMUNA VIHAR.
- BSES-YAMUNA, YAMUNA VIHAR.
- DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION (NE ZONE), DELHI.
- DTC BUS DEPOT, YAMUNA VIHAR.
- POST OFFICE, YAMUNA VIHAR.
- BHAJANPURA POLICE STATION, YAMUNA VIHAR.
- MANY DELHI GOVT. & MCD SCHOOLS.
- BHAGIRATHI WATER TREATMENT PLANT (100MGD, opposite Yamuna Vihar)
- MCD offices
- MCD COURT
Major bus routes
It has good connectivity to all major places in delhi
- Outer Mudrika- to and from Ananad Vihar ISBT, Rohini, Janakpuri, Uttam Nagar, Nehru Place, Kalkaji etc.
- 260-Yamuna Vihar to Central Secretariat
- 261-Nandnagri to Central Secretariat
- 253-yamuna vihar to Kashmiri Gate ISBT
- 254-Babarpur to Nangloi (via Yamuna Viahr-Wazirabad-nh1 bypass-Rohini-Peeragarhi)
- 165-Anand Vihar to Shahbad Dairy (via Dilshad Garden-gtb Hospital-Nandnagri-Yamuna Viahr-nh1 bypass-dce)
- 971-Anand Vihar to Avantika
- 333-Anand Vihar to Jahangirpuri
- 235-Nandnagri to Azadpur
- 784-Yamuna Vihar to Kamla Market (NEW DELHI RAILWAY STATION)
- 212-Nandnagri to Anand Parvat (via Yamuna Vihar-Mall Road-Delhi University)
- 234-Nandnagri to Karampura
- 24-Bhajanpura to Jheel (Krishna Nagar)
- 33-Bhajanpura to Noida
- 335-Nandnagri to Hauzkhas (via Preet Vihar-Laxmi Nagar)
- 374-Nandnagri to Nehru Place (via Preet Vihar-Laxmi Nagar-ITO)
- 205-Nandnagri to Old Delhi railway station
- Mini bus service to Mayur Vihar Phase-III via Seelampur, Kadkadi more
- Metro link service to Seelampur.