||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Klukowski celebrates scoring for Forest Green Rovers.
|Full name||Yan Klukowski|
|Date of birth||1 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Chippenham, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Current club||Forest Green Rovers|
|FC Chippenham Youth|
|2005–2008||CCSU Blue Devils|
|2008||Cape Cod Crusaders||14||(5)|
|2009||Western Mass Pioneers||12||(1)|
|2010–||Forest Green Rovers||144||(43)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:32, 26 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Youth and College
Born in Chippenham, Klukowski was educated at Sheldon School. His football education began at local youth side FC Chippenham Youth before moving to Bath City. At 18 years of age the forward managed to break into the first team set-up at Bath City, making 14 appearances. Klukowski also earned England Schoolboy caps before a brief stint at Chippenham Town. Despite interest from Bristol Rovers, Klukowski decided to move to the United States after signing a scholarship with Central Connecticut State University.
At CCSU, Klukowski was the Northeast Conference Rookie of the Year, playing for the All Conference first team. He was named to the All-NEC first team and received second team NSCAA/Adidas All-North Atlantic Region honors as a sophomore in 2006. While in 2007 he led the NEC in assists and was named to the All-NEC second team and the NSCAA/adidas All-North Atlantic Region first team.
Klukowski turned professional in 2009 and joined the Western Mass Pioneers of the USL Second Division, where he played 12 times scoring once in the 2–1 win over Wilmington Hammerheads.
Following the conclusion of the USL2 season Klukowski returned to England in an attempt to find a professional club to play for during the 2009–2010 season and beyond. His first trial was provided by Carlisle United who were originally impressed and extended his trial period before deciding against offering him a contract.
Klukowski was then offered a trial with Swindon Town. While on trial, he had scored twice in a 3–2 win over Swindon Supermarine and scored once more in a 3–3 draw with Cirencester Town. However, he was not offered a deal at Swindon.
In August 2009, Klukowski joined Chippenham Town, making two league appearances in a brief spell. He later joined Larkhall Athletic until the end of the 2009–10 season, scoring 6 times in 8 league appearances. In June 2010, he returned to Bath City in an attempt to earn a deal with the club following their promotion to the Conference National.
On 23 July 2010 he represented Forest Green Rovers as a triallist in a friendly game against fierce local rivals Shortwood United eventually joining the club on a permanent basis. He scored his first goal for the club in August 2010 in only his second appearance against Wrexham.
He was awarded a longer extended contract by Rovers after a number of impressive appearances until the end of the 2011/12 season. After suffering an injury in the latter months of the 2010/11 season, Klukowski was required to have surgery and returned to first team action at the start of the 2011/12 season. He scored his first goal in the 2011/12 season in a 6–1 away win over Alfreton Town in August 2011. On 31 March 2012, in a home game against Barrow, Klukowski scored his first hat-trick for Forest Green. Klukowski ended the 2011–12 campaign for Forest Green as the club's golden boot winner having found the back of the net 18 times.
On 12 June 2012, Klukowski signed a contract extension at Forest Green, keeping him at the club until 2014.
On 15 September 2012 in a 1–1 draw with Alfreton Town, Klukowski became the third highest goal-scorer for Forest Green in Conference National league fixtures, passing Stewart Fleetwood's total of 27. Klukowski scored his 31st league goal in grabbing the winner in the 1–0 at Dartford on 6 November 2012, moving alongside current team mate Reece Styche and trailing only Alex Meechan (who netted 46 times).
Klukowski represented Great Britain at World University Games in Bangkok, Thailand in 2006, and was also selected to represent Great Britain university football team for the 2007 Summer Universiade.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- Inside Connecticut Sports Online Magazine – BLUE DEVILS TURN TO CAPTAIN YAN
- Klukowski on trial with Carlisle, Sky Sports. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- Cumbrians end Klukowski interest, BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- Robins looking at duo, Sky Sports. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- This Is Swindon Town FC – Swindon Supermarine 2 Swindon Town 3
- "Yan Klukowski". Larkhall Athletic F.C. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Yan could be the man for Bath City once again". The Bath Chronicle. 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Forest Green reveal six signings". BBC Sport. 2010-08-13. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- "Forest Green 3–0 Wrexham". BBC Sport. 17 August 2010.
- Player News In's and Out's at The New Lawn , Forest Green Rovers FC. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Alfreton Town 1–6 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Forest Green 3–0 Barrow". BBC Sport. 31 March 2012.
- "Forest Green Rovers hand deals to Yan Klukowski and Kieron Forbes". BBC Sport. 12 June 2012.