|Director of the National Bureau of Statistics|
|Senator of the Senate|
|Born||Yang Chengzan (楊承瓉)
Xiangtan, Hunan, China
|Died||1931 (aged 55–56)
|Political party||Kuomintang (1922 - 1929)
Chinese Communist Party (1929 - 1931)
|Spouse(s)||Huang Hua (黃華)
Xu Canleng (徐粲楞)
|Children||Yang Gongshu (楊公庶), Yang Gongzhao (楊公兆), Yang Yunhui (楊雲慧), Yang Yunbi (楊雲碧), Yang Gongsu (楊公素), Yang Gongmin (楊公敏), Yang Yunjie (楊雲潔), Yang Gongwu (楊公武)|
|Alma mater||Hongwen Academy
His birthname was Yang Chengzan (Chinese: 楊承瓚). His style name was Xizi (Chinese: 皙子) and his pseudonym was Hugong (Chinese: 虎公), Huchan (Chinese: 虎禪), Huchanshi (Chinese: 虎禪師), Hutoutuo (Chinese: 虎頭陀), and Shihu (Chinese: 釋虎).
Yang was born into a family of farming background in the village of Shitang (Chinese: 石塘村), in the town of Jiangyu (Chinese: 姜畬镇), Xiangtan in Hunan province. His grandfather, Yang Litang (Chinese: 楊禮堂), was a soldier of the Xiang Army. His father, Yang Yisheng (Chinese: 楊懿生), was a farmer. Yang was the elder of three children. His father died of illness when he was 10 years old, Yang was raised by his uncle, Yang Ruisheng (Chinese: 楊瑞生).
Yang studied under Wang Kaiyun (Chinese: 王闿運). His classmates such as: Xia Shoutian (Chinese: 夏壽田), Yang Rui (Chinese: 楊銳), Liu Guangdi (Chinese: 劉光第), Liu Kuiyi (Chinese: 劉揆一), and Qi Baishi (Chinese: 齊白石).
In September 1931, Yang died of illness in Shanghai.
Yang had two sons with Huang Hua (Chinese: 黃華) and six with Xu Canleng (Chinese: 徐粲楞) (three sons and three daughters).
With Huang Hua:
- Dr. Yang Gongshu (Chinese: 楊公庶), chemist, he was a graduate student in chemistry at the Berlin University.
- Dr. Yang Gongzhao (Chinese: 楊公兆), geographer, he was a graduate student in geology at the Berlin University.
With Xu Canleng:
- Yang Yunhui (Chinese: 楊雲慧), dramatist.
- Yang Yunbi (Chinese: 楊雲碧)
- Yang Gongsu (Chinese: 楊公素)
- Yang Gongmin (Chinese: 楊公敏)
- Yang Yunjie (Chinese: 楊雲潔)
- Yang Gongwu (Chinese: 楊公武)