|Born||Yang Zhenming (杨振铭)
|Died||1985 (aged 74–75)|
|Notable students||Ip Tai Tak,
Chu Gin Soon,
Chu King Hung
|Part of a series on|
|Chinese martial arts (Wushu)|
|List of Chinese martial arts|
|Wushu in the world|
Yang Shou-chung or Yang Shouzhong, birth name Yang Zhenming, (1910–1985) was the eldest son of Yang Chengfu.
Yang Shou-chung began training in his family's style of t'ai chi ch'uan (taijiquan) at age 8. By age 14 he had begun to work with his father as a teaching assistant and at age 19 he was already teaching government officials around China. In 1949 he fled to Hong Kong where he stayed for the remainder of his life teaching privately mostly out of his home on Lockhart Road on Hong Kong Island. He appointed three disciples: Ip Tai Tak (1st and Chief Disciple (Hong Kong), Gin Soon Chu (2nd Disciple, U.S.), Chu King Hung (3rd Disciple, Europe). Yang Shou-chung is survived by his three daughters: Tai Yee, Ma Lee and Yee Li who currently also reside in Hong Kong.
T'ai chi ch'uan lineage tree with Yang-style focus
- This lineage tree is not comprehensive, but depicts those considered the 'gate-keepers' & most recognised individuals in each generation of Yang-style.
- Although many styles were passed down to respective descendants of the same family, the lineage focused on is that of the Yang style & not necessarily that of the family.
- Ip Tai Tak's (1st Disciple of Yang Shou-chung) disciple, Bob Boyd
- Gin Soon Tai Chi Chuan Federation, USA: Gin-Soon Chu, 2nd Disciple of Yang Shou-Chung
- H. Won Tai Chi Institute: H. Won Gim, 2nd Disciple of Gin-Soon Chu
- Chu King Hung International Tai Chi Chuan Association 3rd Disciple's website
- Exhaustive Yang family tree with info on Yang Shou-chung's descendants
- John Ding International Academy of Tai Chi Chuan
|This Chinese biographical article related to martial artists is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|