|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 3: 86,862
Shinbundang Line: 8,845
|Address||27-2 San, Yangjae 1-dong,
|Date opened||October 18, 1985|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 2|
|Date opened||October 28, 2011|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 2|
|Operator||NeoTrans Co. Ltd.|
Yangjae Station is a station on the Seoul Subway Line 3. It was the southern terminus of Line 3 until October 30, 1993, when the line was extended to Suseo Station, and it became a transfer station with the Shinbundang Line on October 28, 2011. It is located in Yangjae-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
|Northbound||← Line 3 toward Daehwa (Nambu Bus Terminal)|
|Southbound||→ Line 3 toward Ogeum (Maebong) →|
|Southbound||→ Shinbundang Line toward Jeongja (Yangjae Citizen's Forest) →|
|Northbound||← Shinbundang Line toward Gangnam (Terminus)|
- Exit 1 : Hanjin Art Center
- Exit 2 : Yeongdong Middle School, Woosung APT
- Exit 3 : Eungseong Middle & Eungwang girls'High Schools
- Exit 4 : Eonju Elementary School
- Exit 5 : Seocho Social Welfare Center
- Exit 6 : Yangjae Il(1)-Dong
- Exit 7 : Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI)
- Exit 8 : Seocho District Office, Yangjae High School, Institute of Foreign Affairs & National Security
Nearby Areas of Interest
Yangjae Citizens' Forest is located near Yangjae Tollgate on the Gyeongbu Highway, the entrance to Seoul City. Built for the 1986 Asian Games and 1988 Seoul Olympics, the land was prepared on July 1983 as part of Gaepo-dong Land Arrangement Plan. The construction of the Forest continued for about three years and completed on November 1986. The total area is 358,992 sq. meters. The park's major facilities include landscaped facilities, such as Grass Field, Octagonal Pavilion, and Pagora (wisteria trellis). The Forest also has sports facilities, such as tennis and basketball courts. Other major structures in the Forest include the Memorial Hall for Patriot Yun Bonggil, a parking lot, children's playground, and an outdoor wedding hall.
- Location: 236, Yangjae 2-dong
- Admission: Free
- Parking: capacity for 571 cars
- Yangjae station exit 7, 20 minutes walk or transfer to bus (get off at Yangjae Citizens' Forest).
- Yangjae Citizens' Forest
Yangjae Stream, or Yangjaecheon in Korean, is a 5.5 km. long body of water that stretches from Gwanak-san through the southern area of Gangnam-gu. There are two swimming areas for kids, a number of stepping stone bridges to cross, and two sites for an ecosystem watch.
- Yangjae station exit 7, 18 minutes walk.
- Yangjae Stream
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yangjae Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|