Yangon Heritage Trust
The Yangon Heritage Trust (Burmese: ရန်ကုန်အမွေအနှစ် ထိန်းသိမ်းစောင့်ရှောက်ရေးအဖွဲ့; abbreviated YHT) is a non-governmental organisation founded by Thant Myint-U to conserve historic buildings in Yangon (formerly Rangoon), the former capital of Burma. Yangon has Asia's largest collection of colonial-era buildings. The Trust has proposed to designate small zones within the city centre (particularly in Downtown Yangon) as heritage areas and envisions a joint public-private collaboration whereby private investors restore heritage buildings for commercial use while maintaining the character of the areas. The Trust also advocates a conservation plan led by the private sector.
- Robinson, Gwen (9 March 2012). "Myanmar pushes to save colonial buildings". Financial Times. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Hpyo Wai Tha (6 June 2012). "Conservation Strategy Drafted for Historic Rangoon". The Irrawaddy. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- KYAW YE LYNN; PETER JANSSEN. "The race is on in Yangon". DEUTSCHE PRESSE-AGENTUR. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Kean, Thomas (19 March 2012). "Historic Yangon cityscape thrown a lifeline". Myanmar Times. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Philips and Yangon Heritage Trust partner to highlight Yangon’s rich cultural heritage sites as part of Philips’ commitment to Myanmar". Philips. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2013.