Yanqi Hui Autonomous County
Yanqi Hui Autonomous County (simplified Chinese: 焉耆回族自治县; traditional Chinese: 焉耆回族自治縣; pinyin: Yānqí Huízú Zìzhìxiàn; Xiao'erjing: یًاٿِ خُوِذُو ذِجِشِیًا; Uyghur: يەنجى خۇيزۇ ئاپتونوم ناھىيىسى) is an autonomous county in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region and is under the administration of the Bayin'gholin Mongol Autonomous Prefecture. It contains an area of 2,429 km2. According to the 2002 census, it has a population of 120,000.
The Qigexing Buddhist Temple Ruins are located in Yanqi County, about 25–30 km southwest of the town of Yanqi.
- Yanqi Town (焉耆镇; Yānqí Zhèn), consisting of ten residential communities (社区; shèqū) und one village, seat of the county government, 29.000 inhabitants (2000);
- Qigxin (七个星镇; Qīgèxīng Zhèn), one residential community and nine villages, 12.629 inhabitants (2000);
- Yongning (永宁镇; Yŏngníng Zhèn), two residential communities and eight villages, 18.235 inhabitants (2000);
- Sishilichengzi (四十里城子镇; Sìshílǐchéngzi Zhèn), one residential community and five villages, 8.722 inhabitants (2000);
- Beidaqu (北大渠乡; Bĕidàqú Xiāng; "Northern Great Canal Village"), six villages, 9.026 inhabitants (2000);
- Wuhaoqu (五号渠乡; Wŭhàoqú xiāng; "Fifth Canal Village"), one residential community and nine villages, 14.791 inhabitants (2000);
- Qagan Qehe (查汗采开乡; Cháhàn Cǎikāi Xiāng), four villages, 5.841 inhabitants (2000);
- Borhoi (包尔海乡; Bāoĕrhǎi Xiāng), five villages, 6.614 inhabitants (2000).
In addition, there three state owned operations in the county (2000):
- State farm (for pasture farming) Wangjiazhuang (王家庄牧场; Wángjiāzhuāng Mùchǎng), 1.221 inhabitants,
- Breeding farm for the Suhai breed (苏海良种场; Sūhǎi Liángzhŏng Chǎng), 1.555 inhabitants,
- Production and Construction Corps Number 27 (兵团27团; Bīngtuán 27 Tuán), 9.895 inhabitants
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yanqi Hui Autonomous County.|
|This Xinjiang location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|