|• Total||12.01 sq mi (31.11 km2)|
|Elevation||5,050 ft (1,540 m)|
Shown within Lebanon
|Location||north of Kfar Qouq|
The village sits ca. 1,540 metres (5,050 ft) above sea level. The name is variously claimed to mean "God sows" or "God the sower" in Semitic, "white dove" in Syraic and "elevation" in Arabic. It has been noted that a special type of yellow marl (lake sediments) has been noticed in Yanta and the surrounding area dated to the Oxfordian. In 2001 and 2002, archaeological studies were carried out at Kamid al lawz near Yanta that unearthed a large amount of Ancient Greek pottery.
There are ruins of an impressively sized and positioned Roman temple in the area that is presumed to have been built on the site of a forerunning Semitic temple. The ruins lie on either side of the road and are sparse but retain some upright stones. Around the site are remnants of ancient habitation and tombs.
- Anīs Furaiḥa (1972). dictionary of the name of towns and villages in Lebanon. Maktabat Lubnān. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Qada' (Caza) Rachaya - Promenade Tourist Brochure, published by The Lebanese Ministry of Tourism
- C. Homberg; M. Bachmann (15 October 2010). Evolution of the Levant Margin and Western Arabia Platform Since the Mesozoic. Geological Society. pp. 232–. ISBN 978-1-86239-306-6. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- E. A. Myers (31 January 2010). The Ituraeans and the Roman Near East: Reassessing the Sources. Cambridge University Press. pp. 88–. ISBN 978-0-521-51887-1. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- Ivan Mannheim (1 July 2001). Syria & Lebanon handbook: the travel guide. Footprint Travel Guides. pp. 603–. ISBN 978-1-900949-90-3. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- George Taylor (1969). The Roman temples of Lebanon: a pictorial guide, pp. 22, 127, 130. Argonaut. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- Ikema guide to Lebanon - Yanta
- Localiban Entry on Yanta
- The Lebanon Mountain Trail Project
- Youtube - Yanta Lebanon Video by Nizam Saab
- American University of Beirut - Image of Yanta Roman Temple 1
- American University of Beirut - Image of Yanta Roman Temple 2