Performing during her concert on Yazır, Kumluca (July 18, 2009)
|Birth name||Yasemin Savgı|
|Also known as||Yasemori, Yasemin Morrison|
|Born||March 4, 1982|
|Genres||Alternative rock, indie rock|
|Labels||Irmak Plak, Dokuzsekiz|
Official MySpace page
|Members||Barlas Tan Özemek, Berke Can Özcan, Gökhan Şahinkaya, Görkem Karabudak|
|Past members||Can Güngör, Canberk Ünsal, Cihan Mürtezaoğlu, Ediz Hafızoğlu, Korhan Futacı, Masis Aram Gözbek|
As daughter of Kuleli Military High School and Istanbul State Academy of Fine Arts-graduated architect father and Edirne-born mother worked as a sales chief on Turkish Airlines, her original last name was Savgı. She chooses to go by the scene alias mori, which means girl in various ethnic Balkan Turkic dialects, and which was a name she was called by many of her friends as a young girl.
She composed her first song when she was a teenager with contributions of her elder sister's music record share. At a Kings of Convenience concert on Istanbul in July 6, 2005, she invaded the stage by dancing on her own. Her first album Hayvanlar was released on 10 July 2008 by Irmak Plak. Mori released her second studio album Deli Bando in October 2012 after three years of development, working with members of Korhan Futacı ve Kara Orkestra and Boğaziçi Jazz Choir.
Mori prefers to live as a vegetarian, because of a memory about a fish restaurant in her childhood. She occasionally shares her works and announcements via her own Tumblr page since August 2009, as a former student of the Department of Graphic Design at Bilkent University.
Hayvanlar (Animals) - 2008
- "Aslında Bir Konu Var" (Actually, there's an issue) 3:30
- "Kuzgun" (Raven) 3:48
- "Yeniler" (New Ones) 2:48
- "Arjantin" (Argentina) 3:19
- "Nolur Nolur Nolur" (Please Please Please) 2:53
- "Aptal" (Stupid) 2:29
- "Konuşmak" (To Talk) 3:27
- "Mutsuz Punk" (Sad Punk) 3:50
- "Bırak Bu Rock'n Roll'u" (Let Go Off This Rock'n Roll) 3:11
Deli Bando (Delirious Band) - 2012
- Muşta (Brass Knuckle)
- Deli Bando (Delirious Band)
- Üzerimde Kehanetin (Your Prophecy on Me)
- Dünya (World)
- Venüs’te Uyandım (Adını Sen Koy) (I Woke Up in Venus (You Put Its Name))
- Işığa Geldi Çocuklar (Children Came to Light)
- Uçurumlar (Cliffs)
- Ustura (Kırmızı Kurnaz Tilki) (Razor (Red Cunning Fox))
- Sen Beni Sokaklardan Say (Count Me as One of Streets)
Yasemin Mori features most of these works at her concerts, but she did not intend to release them in a new album, as she stated on MTV Turkey's talk show BeniMTV broadcast at October 2009 until started working on development of Deli Bando in 2010.
- Bir Beyaz Balina (A white whale)
- Can Cambaz (Glass junglor)
- Dünya Her Gün Caz Yapar (The world makes jazz everyday)
- Hey Baksana (Hey let you look)
- Karamel (Caramel)
- Mutsuz Böcek (Sad bug)
- Uzay Kuşu (Space Bird)
Mori received mainstream attention with her first video "Aslında Bir Konu Var" posted from her MySpace account on May 2008. It was featured after the launch of MySpace's Turkish version. Her second video, "Mutsuz Punk," was released on Yasemin Mori's multiple social network accounts on 27 August 2009. Her third video, "Nolur Nolur Nolur," was released in November 2009.
As a part of Deli Bando, she first released "Dünya" as video single in 5 July 2012, which features short clips during her trip in Brazil. After the official release of the 2nd album in October 2012, the second video released to naming track "Deli Bando" on 11 January 2013, features the band working with Mori herself. The third and recent video Uçurumlar released in October 14, 2013 taken on Kaş.